Stateroom After Check In

Stinkerbell1973

DIS Veteran
Will our stateroom be available as soon as we get onboard? I know the luggage we check will be in the room by 5 or so, but will we be able to go to our room, change clothes and leave our carry-on bags there?

TIA! 6 more days!

It's recommended to pack a small carry on bag with anything you may need for the first few hours you are on the ship. Bathing suites (or wear them under your clothes), sunscreen and any medication you may need.You usually can get into your cabin around 1:30.

If you are fortunate enough to be saying in concierge , from what I have read, you can keep your stuff in their private lounge.

Will our stateroom be available as soon as we get onboard? I know the luggage we check will be in the room by 5 or so, but will we be able to go to our room, change clothes and leave our carry-on bags there?

TIA! 6 more days!

It depends on what time your board. On our first 2 cruises we took DCL transportation from WDW and got to the port about 1:30. Immediately after checking in and getting onboard we were able to get into our stateroom to stow our carry-ons before heading to lunch. Luggage usually starts arriving after the safety drill.

I know the luggage we check will be in the room by 5 or so
Do not count on having the luggage by 5:00 pm. Most of the time we get them when we are at the early dinner or right before we go. We have had our luggage as early as 1:30 pm and but once one of our bags did not come until after 8:00 pm one night. It was sent to the wrong part of the ship and was not found until all the luggage was delivered.

Before you even go on the cruise pack a carry on bag. It's good to bring suncreen, bathing suits, etc. All rooms are open at 1:30 P.M. so it's a good idea to eat lunch first. When it's around 1:30 P.M. you can head to your stateroom. Your luggage will not be there yet since it takes quite awhile. You can leave your carry on bags in the stateroom and go have fun on the deck or anywhere else on the ship. Your luggages will be there just in time for dinner and before the shows. To be sure it's good to bring extra clothing in your carry on bag. I got my luggages after watching the Sail Away Party. So that was around 4-5 P.M. Hope you have fun on your cruise. I just got back from mine today. :)

I don't understand the whole checked luggage thing.. Is this for people whose luggage comes straight from the airline? What if we check bags on the plane but pick them up and bring them to port ourselves , do we have to lug them all around until our room is available?

VHFamily said:
I don't understand the whole checked luggage thing.. Is this for people whose luggage comes straight from the airline? What if we check bags on the plane but pick them up and bring them to port ourselves , do we have to lug them all around until our room is available?

No. You will drop them off with the porters when you arrive at the port. They will start showing up at your door shortly after being allowed in your cabin and they will filter in over the next few hours. Our last didn't show up until about 5,

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Any bags that you want checked will be left with the porters when you arrive at port. You should put your DCL luggage tags on them before you leave them. Any bags that you want to carry on with you will have to stay with you until your room is ready.

Any bags that you want checked will be left with the porters when you arrive at port. You should put your DCL luggage tags on them before you leave them. Any bags that you want to carry on with you will have to stay with you until your room is ready.

and just to add to this...any bags you want to keep with you need to be within the carry-on size limit to fit through the scanners - similar to airline carry-on but not exact, sorry I don't have the dimensions immediately at hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter