Stateroom After Check In

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Stinkerbell1973, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Stinkerbell1973

Stinkerbell1973 DIS Veteran

Will our stateroom be available as soon as we get onboard? I know the luggage we check will be in the room by 5 or so, but will we be able to go to our room, change clothes and leave our carry-on bags there?

TIA! 6 more days!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jasec2

jasec2 Mouseketeer

Usually about 1:30

4. Candleinthewind

Candleinthewind Mouseketeer

This is why we love Holland America. You can get in your stateroom the moment you board the ship.

5. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

It's recommended to pack a small carry on bag with anything you may need for the first few hours you are on the ship. Bathing suites (or wear them under your clothes), sunscreen and any medication you may need.You usually can get into your cabin around 1:30.

6. SoCaOC-Mom

SoCaOC-Mom DIS Veteran

If you are fortunate enough to be saying in concierge , from what I have read, you can keep your stuff in their private lounge.

7. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

It depends on what time your board. On our first 2 cruises we took DCL transportation from WDW and got to the port about 1:30. Immediately after checking in and getting onboard we were able to get into our stateroom to stow our carry-ons before heading to lunch. Luggage usually starts arriving after the safety drill.

8. MikeAndNick

MikeAndNick If you can dream it, you can do it.

Do not count on having the luggage by 5:00 pm. Most of the time we get them when we are at the early dinner or right before we go. We have had our luggage as early as 1:30 pm and but once one of our bags did not come until after 8:00 pm one night. It was sent to the wrong part of the ship and was not found until all the luggage was delivered.

9. mickyminnie890

mickyminnie890 A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Before you even go on the cruise pack a carry on bag. It's good to bring suncreen, bathing suits, etc. All rooms are open at 1:30 P.M. so it's a good idea to eat lunch first. When it's around 1:30 P.M. you can head to your stateroom. Your luggage will not be there yet since it takes quite awhile. You can leave your carry on bags in the stateroom and go have fun on the deck or anywhere else on the ship. Your luggages will be there just in time for dinner and before the shows. To be sure it's good to bring extra clothing in your carry on bag. I got my luggages after watching the Sail Away Party. So that was around 4-5 P.M. Hope you have fun on your cruise. I just got back from mine today. :)

10. VHFamily

VHFamily Earning My Ears

I don't understand the whole checked luggage thing.. Is this for people whose luggage comes straight from the airline? What if we check bags on the plane but pick them up and bring them to port ourselves , do we have to lug them all around until our room is available?

11. carmie3377

carmie3377 Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

No. You will drop them off with the porters when you arrive at the port. They will start showing up at your door shortly after being allowed in your cabin and they will filter in over the next few hours. Our last didn't show up until about 5,

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Any bags that you want checked will be left with the porters when you arrive at port. You should put your DCL luggage tags on them before you leave them. Any bags that you want to carry on with you will have to stay with you until your room is ready.

13. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

and just to add to this...any bags you want to keep with you need to be within the carry-on size limit to fit through the scanners - similar to airline carry-on but not exact, sorry I don't have the dimensions immediately at hand.

14. VHFamily

VHFamily Earning My Ears

Ok thanks!