State a completely random fact about yourself.

Yes, he is quite known for his infamous cello taxi incident! And it was not in a case. It was simply handed to me. I thought, “Am I supposed to walk over to Broadway and wave it in the air to hail a cab? This is Yo-Yo Ma’s bow! It must be protected!” Which is why I went into my desk drawer where I always keep ‘a bag of bags’ and found a really big and thick bag from Bagels on Amsterdam in which to carry it. I sort of bunched the bag around the bow and grasped it in the middle. Thank goodness for Bagels on Amsterdam! He then picked it up from the bow maker later on that day. I have no idea how he got it back to the concert hall - in a case or if he hailed a cab with it!

I don’t mean to hijack the thread. I’m enjoying everyone else’s facts as well. I find you all a very interesting bunch of people! I too was a little confused on the Oscar vs. Academy Award thing. See, you learn something new every day on the Dis!

Ditto to the crunching smacking noise! I was recently in a meeting with financial professionals and had sat next to an older gentleman who is a pioneer in the financial world. I felt quite smart to have chosen the seat right next to his legendary self. Five minutes into the meeting, he started making this moist lip-smacking sound, without stop!!, and my blood pressure started rising and rising till I nearly turned and beat him bloody over the head with my purse.

I'll add another one: Years ago, I was visiting friends on Malibu beach. A very famous A-list (at the time) movie star was running down the beach. I walked past him and his golden retriever and paused to pet the dog and he struck at me like a rattle snake, barely missing my hand with his teeth. (the dog, not the movie star) I was really surprised at how wrinkled and leathery the movie star's face was and the following week, that same face was on the cover of People magazine...not a wrinkle in sight.

Ditto! Extreme rage!

I always tell my husband that this is the.only part of winter I find.enjoyable!

I have extreme anxiety and near debilitating panic attacks but I refuse to take.meds or get counseling for.it because both of those options cause.me too much anxiety....relying on medication to live or having.to.talk to a stranger. So, I just push thru. Some days it is a struggle to just open my eyes.

(bolding mine)

I'm so glad you said this because I'm the exact same way!

Anxiety & panic attacks... but the thought of going to a doctor makes me so anxious & panicky that I just can't.

I was born missing the main membrane to form the adult skull. At 7 months old I had surgery to correct it. All is well now (43 yrs old) Unfortunately, at the time a little boy who I shared my hospital room with, had the same condition as I did but did not make it out of surgery. I can't even imagine what my parents had gone through during that time.

I still sleep with my Winnie the pooh quilt from my crib when I was a baby-I turned 40 this year:rolleyes1 My husband calls it my wooby. I guess it was the start of my Disney addiction

As in a special Academy Award for a body of work, an honorary? Simply curious. :goodvibes But then again you said win, so maybe back to the drawing board.

It's a Technical Academy Award. He invented something really cool and was nominated and won! But technicals don't get a statue so it isn't considered an Oscar. Whereas the Oscars are Academy Awards with statues.

And I KNOW I am supposed to use the little trademark each time I use Oscar and Academy Award but I don't know how!

I can't stand the texture of microfiber rags or un-glazed pottery... it gives me chills :scared::scared::scared:
Not regular microfiber, like the soft, smooth cloth for cleaning eyeglasses, right.

I know those ones with a "dobby" finish with those little bumps feel unusual. Most polyester microfiber feels almost like silk.

My body winds watches - old school analog only last a week before they're dead. I also erase credit card strips - I have to keep them in a special pouch in my purse - if I carry them close to my body the strip demagnetizes. When I was growing up and we had regular tv with rabbit ears, everytime I got close, the screen would turn fuzzy.

Apparently I have some weird magnetic field around me. I looked out up years ago, but a bunch of people were debunking it. All I know is it's been a pain in my hiney for years.

I have an extra tooth. You wouldn't notice just to look at me, but if I point it out, you see it. I had an extra baby tooth and the extra adult tooth. It's genetic - my dad also has the extra tooth, but neither of my kids got it. My siblings were both lucky enough to inherit the absence of wisdom teeth from our mom, but I did have them (just like my dad) and had to have them taken out.

I'm compulsive.

Somebody gave my daughter a goldfish in a bowl. I felt sorry for it and started upgrading tanks and I now have 4 aquariums, the largest being 55 gallons (and it's too small).

My other daughter gave me a gift cert. to brew a batch of home brew beer. I went down the next day and now own all my own stuff.

I went cross country skiing. Once. I know own cross country skis. Two pair.

I have two bikes. All types of mountain climbing equipment, 'cause...ya never know when that will come in handy...I think I need to have a garage sale! :o

I love the sound of chalk scraping a blackboard, music to my ears. I used to get a kick back in elementary school watching other students cringe when this happened.

I met my husband on a blind date and I am older than he is. My parents met the same way and my mother was older than my father.

I never learned how to swim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter