Stashing large amounts of gift cards in our room while we are at RPR???

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by DisneyDreamer1974, Jun 27, 2013.

1. DisneyDreamer1974

DisneyDreamer1974 Mouseketeer

We are doing IOA for one day before heading off to my beloved for a week. And I will have around 1200 bucks worth of Disney gift cards with me for our food, spending money and such. Well I have just now started thinking about this. I am assuming that there is a safe in the hotel room at RPR I can put them in. And I really don't know if I even want to do that.

What I would love to do, (but I am sure my husband would be none to happy with me) is to leave and drive down to the Yacht Club around 6 in the morning and check in there and have all of the values of the cards placed onto our room account. Then leave, maybe stop somewhere cheap for breakfast and head back to IOA for EE into HP.

Am I crazy for thinking this way? I know I might be worried about those gift cards the whole time we are in IOA even if I leave them in a safe at RPR.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. damo

damo Proud Redhead

They have another safe at the front desk that you can use if you don't feel comfortable with the in-room safes.

4. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

use the safe in the rph room.

you decide the 4 digit code to use the safe.

there are no keys.

i have used them for years and put my ipad, cc, money, gc, etc in it and never had an issue.

other option is to use the safe at the front desk.

5. DisneyDreamer1974

DisneyDreamer1974 Mouseketeer

Ok. I will use one or the other. I wonder if one is safer than the other?:crazy2:

6. damo

damo Proud Redhead

7. buckeev

buckeev RedNeck Mouseketeer

I've used both, room and front desk, never had an issue. iPads, IPods, laptops...you name it. There are limited numbers of the front desk safes, so get it "early".

8. Bluer101

Bluer101 Waiting till vacation comes, oh that's next week!

I use the in room safe every day of every trip with no issues. Between jewelry, iPhones, iPads, and cash. I also leave out my laptop passworded though. I have left out change and some cash (under $10) with no issues. We have stayed at RPR for countless times and never had an issue. But that does not mean it can happen either but the employes are very good and carefully screened before hired. This is not your Days Inn or hole in the wall hotel. :-)