Starwood Preferred guest program

nab486

Mouseketeer
I am soooooo excited. I just signed up for the Starwood program. I am hoping for a room upgrade on our May trip to the Dolphin. I would really prefer the Swan but we got the Teacher discount and they said it wasn't available at the Swan!? go figure. Anyway, if anyone has any tips for the Starwood program, or helpful hints I would LOVE to hear them all.

Yippie
Jamie

The Starwood Preferred Guests program is a great
program. Just being a member does not automatically guarantee you an upgrade though. You have to be a gold member to be assured of the
upgrade.
About a year ago I got an American Express / Sheraton credit card. It is a card that results from a partnership between Starwood Hotels and
Am Ex. I get 1 point for every $1 spent. Also, I got a free upgrade to gold status for signing up.
If you are interested go the American Express web
page and read the details.

It's true that the regular card is not good for an automatic upgrade, but, if an upgrade is available, you will get it.
I had two room at the Swan in Dec, showed my card and got two connecting rooms, each with a balcony and a view of MGM fireworks, at no extra charge.
Also, if you do a lot of on line shopping, you might want to look at Clickrewards.com. You can convert your shopping points to Starwood Points on a 1-to-1 basis.

grndhg3.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter