1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Starved for Hockey

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by minniecarousel, Nov 23, 2012.

1. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

ME TOO!

I miss the Saturday night rituals with the game on during the cold months.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Luv'sTink

Luv'sTink DIS Veteran

We don,t have a team in Seattle, but we live close enough to Vancouver BC to make a lot of people here fans, BIG fans. We do have a juniors team locally.

I became a fan by default, that's what happens when you marry a Canadian! He is missing it so much he is watching old re-run games on the NHL channel (came with the package)

I probably should say Seattle doesn't have a team, yet, as they are trying really hard to get on to come here.

4. disneyfans95

disneyfans95 DIS Veteran

NY here

Rangers ok

Islanders and Sabres are horrible..

And nobody on WFAN could care the NHL is on a strike..

It is a fringe sport.. MMA gets more ratings on Spike TV then the NHL

5. WILDERNESS FAN 55

WILDERNESS FAN 55 CANNOT GET ENOUGH

I'm a true Blackhawks fan but I really love the Canadiens crest . Original six hockey is still the best. Doesn't matter if people think it's a "fringe" sport. Us Hockey fans KNOW it's the greatest sport in the world. When it does come back I'll be at the United Center and I hope the 1st home gane is Hawks & Montreal!:dance3:

6. MM27

MM27 DIS Veteran

I am missing hockey big time. Just went to an AHL game on Friday. Gotta support the minor leaguers if the NHL isn't interested in our money.

7. pixie921

pixie921 DIS Veteran

I am quite serious when I say IMHO the ONLY good thing about winter in Detroit is watching the Red Wings games. We are feeling the loss BIG TIME, and my heart breaks for the downtown restaurants and vendors that are losing out on the revenue they depend on for a living.

8. LBIJim

LBIJim DIS Veteran

Got my hockey fix earlier today. AHL teams Albany Devils and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins played a game in Atlantic City. The AHL Devils are playing three additional games there this season as well.

Jim