Starting to look at options...

Excellent! I will have to go into deep planning now, as I am a teacher LOL! But will do my best to get time off that does not coincide with regular vacations...

Ok that is funny and ironic ;). Also would be helpful to know a detail like that when asking for advice.

We always go around labor day. Kids are going back to school and the weather is still amazing.

Have a great time with whatever you decide.

My husband is a teacher, which pretty much limits us to summer or around the holidays. We went last year in July (Dream) and are booked on the Fantasy for this coming July. I think the plus of going during these times is that the adult beach was pretty empty last year! Guessing because parents wanted to stay with their kiddos on the Family Beach - I'm hoping for the same thing this year!

As far as being an adult couple with no kids - we did adult dining (Palo and Remy - YUM) and Mixology. We also did some of the more family-orientated activities (drawing class, Midship Detective Agency) and met characters...so a good mix of adult-only stuff and stuff aimed at all age groups. We had a fabulous time! :)

We have been on the Magic and the Wonder 6 times (awesome ships!), but have not sailed on the Fantasy or the Dream. We do know other's who have and all seem to prefer the Fantasy over the Dream. As far as dealing with a TA, we always go directly through DCL because of the superior service and knowing we are taken care of.

Forgot to add, I go through a TA - she's a friend of mine and is way more of a DCL expert than I am. And she responds really quickly when I need something. And bonus...I get an onboard credit. :)

I think if we left our DD at home and went by ourselves, we would eat at Palo and Remy every night! :)

Not the biggest fan of Palo, but if I could eat at Remy every night of my cruise, I'd probably die from too much happiness.

I find the Filet, mushroom risotto, Osso Buco and Chocolate souffle all wonderful.

ok now I am seriously getting hungry... so definitely have to reserve at one of these restaurants depending on the ship we eventually take...

Can someone please explain what is the deal with the Cancellation policy? Is the only way to get a full refund if for any reason I should cancel is by getting the insurance?

Last edited:
As far as I know, once you're past the PIF (paid in full) date, insurance is the only way to a full refund. Be sure to check out the insurance and exactly what they cover before you buy. They can vary quite a bit.

Another question (hey, I did say I was full of them :P ) .... if you could pick ANY date to go taking into consideration weather and $, which would you go with? Remember, on the Fantasy 7 nighter western, couple with no kids.

Last edited:
Another question (hey, I dis said I was full of them :P ) .... if you could pick ANY date to go takinf into consideration weather and $, which would you go with? Remember, on the Fantasy 7 nighter western, couple with no kids.
We always look at itinerary first, cost second. Then dates. We prefer May or Sep/Oct, but have cruised at other times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter