Started Low Carb/Low Sugar last week

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by Lanshark, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Lanshark

Lanshark <font color=red>Peace be still<br><font color=purp

I just started last week exercising every day and cutting out processed sugar. I've also cut out carbs like potatoes, rice, processed flour. I'm not sure I want to go the strict Atkins route. Has anyone else tried to get in shape and lose weight on their own without a strict program to follow by just cutting out sugar and most carbs? I did great last week after the first few days when I cut the sugar out. I cheated alittle over the weekend and started back yesterday. I don't know how much that hurts the effort but I am trying to do this in a way that I can live with. Any hints would be appreciated

2. tater bug

tater bug <font color=red>knee deep in the hoopla<br><font c

Like you, we are not doing a strict Atkins or Sugar Busters, but we are cutting back quite a bit on sugar and carbs. I don't miss either as much as I thought I would. If you want something sweet, there are some good SF treats out there. Good luck with it!

3. nativetxn

nativetxn <font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono

Isn't it a great feeling to take control of your life by taking control of your diet?

Good luck with your new way of eating.

Katholyn

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Lisa L from MI

Lisa L from MI <font color=0099CC>Just call me the handing out ke

I "tried" to do strictly Atkins back in April and thought I would just try "my own" low carb diet. I too, cut out breads, pasta, rice, patatoes etc......I have lost about 50 lbs so far. It bothered me at the beginning but am now very used to it. I have tried numerous diets in the past and none have ever worked. I really swear on the low carb thing.

6. Lanshark

Lanshark <font color=red>Peace be still<br><font color=purp

Lisa

Wow! What a great thing for me to hear. I can definitely say I feel much more energetic. I don't know if it's because I'm "off" sugar or I began walking on the treadmill again. Probably a combination. I have a major sweet tooth but found after the first 3 or 4 days I wasn't craving it anymore.

Katholyn

Yes it does feel great. Hopefully I can keep it going.

7. TigH

TigH <font color=red>WISH success story<br><font color=

Hi, Marcie!

Just wanted to say congratulations for starting your own program!!! Exercising every day is GREAT!!! I don't know how you managed to cut out sugar, but that is great too! I just decided on Monday to try to cut my sugar intake in half. I haven't gotten used to the way my coffee or tea tastes yet, and of all things, I found myself craving jelly donuts or toast with strawberry jam (didn't have either!) I don't usually crave sweets, and we NEVER have donuts, so I guess my body was retaliating for the cut back in sugar.

Good luck to you! I hope you see the results you want! :) Sounds like you are headed in the right direction!!!

8. disneyfan551

disneyfan551 <font color=009900>mrsG551<br><font color=993300>I

Low carb is the best for me, too. It is not a fast process though. I am following the Carb Addict's plan, and have lost 5.5 lbs in 3 wks.

I highly recommend that you check out www.lowcarber.org, as they have some great message boards! I have learned from them, some mistakes that I have been making on my plan. And, they have different boards for the different low carb plans! Check it out! :)

9. DixieDreamer

DixieDreamer <font color=blue>Instant Human - <font color=brown

I love low carb. :teeth: Congratulations on your decision and I wish you success.