Starbucks Opens at Disney World: What Would Walt Say?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Rumors Rocks, Jun 19, 2013.

1. beer dave

beer dave Master of the obvious

So you would be happy if there was a dunkin donuts or a krispy kreme on main street? But starbucks is bad?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JLKennedy

JLKennedy DIS Veteran

Starbucks DOES NOT franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

4. godolphin123

godolphin123 Earning My Ears

Walt came to me in a dream last night and said boooooorrrrriiiiiiiiinnnngggg....where's the creativity, where's the imagination....bring me my imagineers....we're not running a strip mall here

5. Nannylisad

Nannylisad Nannylisad

I hear your passion !! Lol

But let's remember ALL Disney food is "mass" produced !! To say Starbucks is guilty of it is a fact, however Disney is just as if not more guilty of it. The food quality at Disney has consistently gone hill for years. This might spark a much needed call for food quality to improve. We can always vote with our $ and stop attending the park. I myself will keep attending and avoid 700 sq feet of Main Street.

6. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

I think Walt would either say "I'll have a white chocolate mocha... Thank god they got rid of that Nescafé crap"

Or "what!?! Since when did a cup of coffee cost more than $0.05"

Can we stop with the Walt stuff please? The dust settled on him fifty years ago and any "family" influence was erased in 1984. Evolution and change are constants that have no mechanism for stopping

7. Rumors Rocks

Rumors Rocks Mouseketeer

8. godolphin123

With enough sugar, chocolate, mocha, cinnamon, half and half, what nots, etceteras and who knows whats anything will go down easy

9. >Ash<

>Ash< Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

I thinkl Walt would say "Ill have a latte please" lol

or he would go "OOOOOOOH Money Money Money!!" in the style of Toy Story lol

:rotfl2:

Has anyone seen the documentary waking sleeping beauty? on there Walts Newphew - Roy and others basically saying "you cant let a dead guy run your company"
    and "if we dont keep with the times were basically going to be running a meuseum"

can anyone honestly say that the coffee disney was putting out before was good? it was a cup of swamp water! now with coffee.. glad starbucks is there and it fits with the style of main street blended really well IMHO

10. godolphin123

coffee flavored drinks don't you? :) Just think what they(Disney) could have done with even a little imagination infused into the redu.

11. DJRosko

DJRosko Mouseketeer

No-merely stating my coffee preference... I drink Starbucks on occasion-but I associated the Bakery with cinnamon buns and old time Missouri baking...

12. DJRosko

DJRosko Mouseketeer

No-I would not be happy.. Bring back the cinnamon bums!

13. Dopey420

Dopey420 DIS Veteran

Apologies if someone has already posted this BUT....

Perhaps you'll remember Casa de Fritos in Disneyland? Or how about Aunt Jemima's Pancake House?

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/2010/6/26/frito-kid-and-deeee-licious-fritos.html

Casa de Fritos originally opened the month after the opening of Disneyland in 1955 next to Aunt Jemima's Pancake House in an area called New Orleans Street.

14. StitchesGr8Fan

StitchesGr8Fan DIS Veteran

I think Walt would be fine with it considering almost all of the original Main Street in DL was comprised of non-Disney stores. You could buy bras and pianos after you we're done going on rides.

15. KodakFigment

KodakFigment Mouseketeer

Well, based on my observations in the past month since opening, Starbucks better pick up or it will be gone too. The store has been relatively empty with lots of CM's standing around in the 5 times I've walked in. Lines are overflowing at every other QS. Maybe it's the lackluster food or maybe it's the fact there is NO seating! Whose brilliant idea was that??:eek: No tables inside or out. The best of the Bakery is gone and honestly it doesn't seem as though that many people want a coffee "to go".

16. d1gitman

d1gitman Mad About The Mouse!

That's probably the issue. Not once have i ever been in the park wishing for a cup of coffee. Disney Land / California Adventure has a similar setup but hot chocolate is served and that is a busy counter. Not sure if it is a Starbucks or any other brand or just disney

17. Yellowstonetim

Yellowstonetim DIS Veteran

Interesting. I think Starbucks is a great idea. The seating may be a big part of it, also the unfamiliarity; it is new. However, maybe everyone already had their coffee at the resort. Maybe if they put Starbucks there. I think it is a matter of wait and see. It is hard to draw hard conclusions from 5 visits. What time of day did you visit?

18. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

Walt would be having a cigarette, drinking a cup, counting his money and wondering how he could get tourists to spend more cash at the park.

19. KodakFigment

KodakFigment Mouseketeer

Not trying to draw conclusions, just making an observation. I'm local and visit at all times of the day. Actually, a friend is training for the EP location so we have made a point to visit at different times and days of the week. Stopped a couple times near opening, midday, afternoon parade time and early evening. Haven't seen a line or a throng. Pretty surprising, that's how we came to the idea that it might be the lack of seating.

PP poster mentioned Walt having coffee and a cigarette - well he wouldn't be in the shop because there is no place to sit down.

20. godolphin123

I never have understood the Starbucks craze. I'm just a black coffee drinker and their coffee drinks don't punch my ticket. And sadly I know I don't go to experience the magic to get what I can find on every street corner in the good ol' USA. Seems to me they dropped the creative ball on this one.

21. MEG&MINNIE

MEG&MINNIE DIS Veteran

I agree...I hope they restore it back to the "OLD' Main St. Bakery with all those goodies before I come back for a visit !!!!

Maybe they should open up a Starbuck's kiosk in each resort ( like a previous poster stated)...so visitors can get their morning coffee there ,if they'd like.

Please bring back the OLD BAKERY and it's baked goods ::yes::