Starbucks in the Magic Kingdom?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Oswald lover, Nov 16, 2012.

?

Do you like that theres a Starbucks in the Magic Kingdom?

1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Oswald lover

Oswald lover Hylian

Do you like that theres a Starbucks in the Magic kingdom? :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

I really don't. I was so against the news when it came out, and still am.

Personally, it goes against everything that the parks, especially MK, stand for.

4. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

There's always been "sponsorship" so that really is nothing new. My problem is that I just can't stomach their coffee.

5. vwlfan

vwlfan Mouseketeer

I don't like that it is taking over the Mains Street Bakery!

I don't have a good suggestion for another place though.

6. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I'm glad they found a new sponsor for the Main Street Bakery. I'm not a real fan of Starbucks coffee, which tastes burnt to me, but its got to be better than the Nestle product.

7. JacksLilWench

JacksLilWench Bloody Pirates...

I hate that Starbucks is taking over MSB....but I can't complain about Starbucks being more present in the parks! I like their coffee (I think I'm a rarity there ;)) and to be able to soon stand on Main Street in view of Cinderella Castle with a skinny vanilla latte in hand? You will never see a happier chick!

People are (I think rightfully) upset about S'bucks replacing MSB, but think about this- S'bucks is a pretty decent company for Disney to partner with. They do a lot for the communities they do business in, and at a corporate level. They opened a roasting plant in a small town in Georgia so people could go back to work, they have a foundation called "Indivisible", and do an annual Month of Service where they encourage their employees and "guests" to partake in community service projects. I think that's a part of why they two companies decided to go in together. May not help to soften the blow for nostalgia, but might help on some level!