1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

???Starboard Side or Port Side???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by my2princessgirls, Mar 17, 2006.

1. my2princessgirls

my2princessgirls DIS Veteran

I am interested in which you would chose and why. We currently have port side (6064), but I am wondering if starboard side would be better. We will be on the 3-day Wonder. Which side is best for views at Castaway Cay?

Thanks so much!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. repeatcruiser

repeatcruiser 3x - 1 more booked

Starboard is better viewing for CC if the ship backs in - they did this on our 3 cruises, but I've heard it depends on the wind / weather / etc., so no guarantees. Otherwise, I don't think it matters a lot.

4. Lew

Lew DIS Veteran

Unless you're going to stay onboard on CC day, it really doesn't make any difference. I wouldn't change to starboard just for a view of CC.

5. momrek06

momrek06 DIS Veteran

starboard FOR SURE :thumbsup2

6. repeatcruiser

repeatcruiser 3x - 1 more booked

I just remembered that you can see the dock @ CC from the port side (if the ship backs in). This was kind of cool when we left, waving goodbye to the DCL workers who work on the island.

7. imlazar

imlazar DIS Veteran

we had port on our first cruise and are going with starboard for our next one. I'm not sure it makes much difference, but we wanted to try a different side. IIRC Costa Maya and Grand Caymen were port side dockings (or tenderings), while the others we visited (Castaway Cay, Cozumel) had better views on the starboard side.

8. AshAlytwins

AshAlytwins DIS Veteran

I liked the starboard side....especially going into CC and coming out!!!
    Just a matter of opinion though!!!
    We are going with the starboard side again!!!!

9. ElenitaB

ElenitaB Cries at Illuminations (and Wishes and DCL Plannin

Having never cruised before (much less on DCL), I don't have an opinion on this but just wanted to pipe in to say that we'll be in 6064 in November! I promise we'll take real good care of it for you.