FROZEN in Carbonite! Updating for Halloween at Sea World and Disney

Today must be my lucky day. I was able to get BOG lunch reservations AND A&E FP+ today for today! Last night I got 7DMT for 5:55pm, but since we probably won't stay that long, I changed the 7DMT for the A&E.

I've never pre-ordered my lunch. This morning, I did. It was easy even with the food allergies.

The hardest part will be getting ds out of bed. He was so keyed up last night. He was cast in a musical after convincing himself he blew the callback and wouldn't get anything. He didn't get the lead they had him audition for, but he did get in the ensemble.

This will be the first time trying the 4th FP+ from my phone instead of a kiosk. :)

Today must be my lucky day. I was able to get BOG lunch reservations AND A&E FP+ today for today! Last night I got 7DMT for 5:55pm, but since we probably won't stay that long, I changed the 7DMT for the A&E.

I've never pre-ordered my lunch. This morning, I did. It was easy even with the food allergies.

The hardest part will be getting ds out of bed. He was so keyed up last night. He was cast in a musical after convincing himself he blew the callback and wouldn't get anything. He didn't get the lead they had him audition for, but he did get in the ensemble.

This will be the first time trying the 4th FP+ from my phone instead of a kiosk. :)
Congrats to your DS! Awesome on the ADR and FP!

Yes. CSR for now. But that's subject to change. I used the back to school code. But FL resident may come up with a better discount.
Fun!

Wow - that is awesome! Nice! Let us know how it goes with the 4th FP - I have yet to try that - will be trying it out for the first time in August.

We had the best MK day ever!

I woke up and changed our FP+ for 7DMT to A&E at 1pm and made an ADR for lunch at 2:20pm at BOG.

This was my first experience with ordering food in advance. I tried a half dozen times and got an error. Eventually it went through.
Pre-ordered:
Adult Turkey sandwich without the sauce or greens and fries for ds and adult fountain soda
Child meatloaf with double order of zucchini for me and kid fountain soda

The Plan:
10:00AM FP+ for BTMR
12:00pm FP+ for Splash Mt
1:00 FP+ for Anna and Elsa.
2:20pm Lunch at BOG

We stopped at GS to see if DS' DAS was still in date. It was. The CM asked DS what he'd like for his first return time. He said BTMR. I said we already had a FP+ for BTMR. She asked if he wanted to ride it twice. He gave an emphatic, YES! She said the wait was only 10 minutes and not to waste a return time on that. He has no concept of time. So it was lost in translation. She booked 7DMT. The return time was 10:30am

Next stop was First Aid to drop off ds' cooler bag and ice packs. There was no room in the freezer, but there was room in the refrigerator. Which is perfectly fine because his ice packs freeze at 58 degrees. Both nurses there knew us, but didn't recognize ds at first without his wheelchair. They were happy to learn he hasn't used it since last June. And they said he looked the best they've seen him look!

Adventureland had a good amount of people, Frontierland was empty. There was still only a 10 minute wait for BTMR. So we rode standby first. Then went back for our FP+ ride.

There was a photographer near the exit. We stopped for a picture.

Big%20Thunder%20Mt.jpg

It was time for 7DMT by the time we got there.

7dmt.jpg

Not understanding that noon was a way off, ds wanted to head over there and wait. We stopped at Peter Pan for a DAS return time, 12:05.

It was hotter than hot outside. I made a detour at the Hall of Presidents. DS complained, but wanted to sit down and it's air conditioned. They had just let in a group and we missed it. So we had a seat and he played video games on his tablet. It was around 20 minutes to the next show. We loaded the theater for the next show.

It was time for Splash Mt when we got out of the Hall of Presidents.

Splash%20Mt.jpg

After Splash, we went back to First Aid to change out his vest. The nurse brought me ice. I had baggies packed. I put the frozen packs in his vest. And alternated between baggies of ice and the ice packs to help it freeze quicker in the cooler bag. Handed it off to the nurse and we were off to Peter Pan for the DAS return.

After Peter Pan, ds said he didn't want to visit A&E. He wanted to do something else. I looked up what I could change A&E for. He chose Winnie the Pooh. There was time to kill, so we went into Philharmagic on stanby. It was a 10 minute wait.

Once out of there, it was time for Winnie the Pooh. That used up our 3rd FP+. After Winnie the Pooh, I took out the phone and made my 4th FP+ for the Barnstormer in just a few minutes. It popped up as a conflict with our lunch ADR, but it still allowed me to make the FP+

We walked over to the charging station in New Fantasyland. Sat for a few minutes in the shade. The fans did a nice job at keeping the area cooler.

Rode Barnstormer then headed to BOG for lunch.

There were several empty tables in the West Wing, but they were not cleaned and were a mess.

We found a table for two in the Ball room, but ds didn't want to sit there.

Walked into the Portrait Room and found a table being cleaned and we waited for it.

The millet bread of his turkey sandwich had a garlic butter spread on it. He said it was sooo good.

I wanted ketchup for my turkey meatloaf because I didn't care for the orange sauce. A manager got it for me, it was in a refrigerator under the drink station.

13177919_10208273233607178_5225306852047210555_n.jpg

We ate, picked up the cooler bag at First Aid, then headed out of the park and home.

We did way more than I had anticipated.

Standby BTMR
FP+ BTMR
DAS 7DMT
Standby Hall of Presidents
FP+ Splash MT
DAS Peter Pan
Standby Mickey's Philharmagic
FP+ Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
FP+ Barnstormer

Hi! I only read the first page, and can not wait to see everything at Hollywood Studios!!! Great photos!!!!

Is the dance club open everyday?

Do you have recommendations on what to bring to trade with a Jawa?

I look forward to reading all of this the posts!

Hi! I only read the first page, and can not wait to see everything at Hollywood Studios!!! Great photos!!!!

Is the dance club open everyday?

Do you have recommendations on what to bring to trade with a Jawa?

I look forward to reading all of this the posts!

Welcome! I am loving everything at DHS! New fireworks coming soon!!

The dance club has closed. :( That really makes me sad, because it would have been a great way to cool off on a hot summer's day!

Jawas can't accept money or coins, even crushed pennies. We bring little party favors like you can find at Party City. Beads are good.

Also, I've been told by cm that you have 3 chances to say no to a trade. Also the jawa can say no to a trade to. If you want a photo with a jawa, you'll need to let a cm know. Often the jawa can't see or hear everyone and miss people who are trying to get photos or make trades.

What a great day!

Another best day ever!

Great pictures & what a great day!

Thanks! It was so nice to be back at the MK. We don't usually go there because of the added transportation at the TTC. The bus system from TTC to MK was down that day. We took the monorail for the first time in over a year. It was nice to sit in air conditioning. But the claustrophobic part of me cringed as soon as the doors shut.

I totally got sucked into the Disney magic. We were going to hold off on renewing our AP. But when announcements came out about FP+ opening on May 21 for the new FEA ride, we headed to DHS on the 20th and renewed.

May 21st, I joined many Disney fans in trying to get those most coveted FP+.

I scored FP+ for Friday, opening night of Jungle Book: Alive with Magic! So excited to see this!

I also scored a FP+ for FEA. It was for 3:45pm, and I ended up cancelling it a couple days later because the time just doesn't work with other commitments. So I don't have a FP for opening day. And I doubt I'll be driving over there. Instead, it looks like Wednesday, June 22 will be our first voyage to Arendelle!

I have 4 upcoming trips in the works!

1. July 4th week to Hershey Park

2. WDW Aug 26 to 30th, 2016 (Presently reservation for CSR, but that could change depending on where AP discount gets offered)

3. Star Wars Celebration staying somewhere on site. (Presently reservation for CBR)

4. Darkside Challenge Weekend (Presently reservation for CBR)

I totally got sucked into the Disney magic. We were going to hold off on renewing our AP. But when announcements came out about FP+ opening on May 21 for the new FEA ride, we headed to DHS on the 20th and renewed.

May 21st, I joined many Disney fans in trying to get those most coveted FP+.

I scored FP+ for Friday, opening night of Jungle Book: Alive with Magic! So excited to see this!

I also scored a FP+ for FEA. It was for 3:45pm, and I ended up cancelling it a couple days later because the time just doesn't work with other commitments. So I don't have a FP for opening day. And I doubt I'll be driving over there. Instead, it looks like Wednesday, June 22 will be our first voyage to Arendelle!

I have 4 upcoming trips in the works!

1. July 4th week to Hershey Park

2. WDW Aug 26 to 30th, 2016 (Presently reservation for CSR, but that could change depending on where AP discount gets offered)

3. Star Wars Celebration staying somewhere on site. (Presently reservation for CBR)

4. Darkside Challenge Weekend (Presently reservation for CBR)

What is Star Wars Celebration?

What is Star Wars Celebration?

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Orlando/Home/

It's like SWW on steroids! !

It's going to be held April 13 to 16, 2017 at the Orange County Convention Center. Many from these boards are going. While there are convention approved resorts, we choose to stay at Disney. The drive isn't far and parking isn't difficult. There is a link in my signature to my TR from the last Star Wars Celebration held in Orlando.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Orlando/Home/

It's like SWW on steroids! !

It's going to be held April 13 to 16, 2017 at the Orange County Convention Center. Many from these boards are going. While there are convention approved resorts, we choose to stay at Disney. The drive isn't far and parking isn't difficult. There is a link in my signature to my TR from the last Star Wars Celebration held in Orlando.
Wow sounds AWESOME!!

To Renew or Not to Renew, that is the Question

When Disney Parks Blog announced that FP+ was opening on May 21st for Jungle Book: Alive with Magic and Frozen Ever After; the renewal question was answered. $648 and some cents later, my new pass was in my hand.

I like to renew at Epcot or DHS. Since we hadn't seen Symphony in the Stars in a long time, we went with DHS.

We spent some time in Launch Bay. Then I remembered there was the sneak preview at One Man's Dream.

We checked out the sneak preview of Alice Through the Looking Glass. It looks like it's going to be even better than the 1st movie!

20160520_203311.jpg

The theater doors were themed!

20160520_203513.jpg

20160520_203536.jpg

Olaf had less than a 5 minute wait!

DS loves his 501st autism awareness shirt!

20160520_210333.jpg

Every time we've been at DHS since the Olaf meet has started, I'm shocked at how short the queue is. I don't know if people realize he is there?! Quite honestly, I expected lines out to the boat dock. And there we were, with less than a 5 minute wait!

We were hungry and there was still some time before fireworks, so we stopped at Backlot Express.

I had the kid's meal, Chicken and Waffles. I don't remember it coming with fries before. But I welcomes them. The batter changed on the chicken and I really liked it this time! DS and DH split an adult chicken and fries.

20160520_212201.jpg

It was raining when we finished eating. And light rain for the fireworks.

20160520_214639.jpg

Speakers were either added or improved. We stood down near the new food cart at Echo Lake closest to Hyperion Theatre. We heard the audio in surround sound. The speaking parts were clear as day instead of muffled as they had been.

We had a very nice evening.

Next Disney day should be Saturday at AK. We have FP+ for the first Jungle Book show and the night time safari afterwards.

Jungle Book: Alive with Magic!

Saturday night we went to AK to check out all the new night time happenings. There's so much to do, that arriving as late as we did, we didn't get to check out everything.

After sitting around home all day waiting for a package, we arrived at the AK between 7 and 7:30. All the disability parking spots were taken. But they had an overflow lot going. And we parked there.

Security check was fast and easy. We were shocked we didn't get picked for the extra check.

We headed straight for Asia once we got in the park. @kennythepirate told me that we'd be fine getting there after 8pm not to hurry. So we took our time stopping for photopass pictures along the way.

When we got up near Yak and Yeti, we saw the first CM holding a JB FP+ sign. She told us the theater was already open. It was just after 7:30pm.

We stopped for another photopass picture with the theater in the backround.

Just before we got to the roped off FP+ area, we bumped into Jeff and Denise from Mousesteps. They had done the dinner package and were on their way to the Dinoland entrance. They were taking their time as well, and said there's really no hurry to sit so long waiting for the show.

There were a few people ahead of us walking. There were lots of cm standing by entrances to the theater holding hand held devices. It was confusing knowing if we were to go to them or keep on walking. Stopped and asked and they said keep on walking. Eventually, we got to CM with handhelds who wanted us to stop and get scanned. So we got scanned. Then ended up walking right past the tapstiles and straight into the theatre.

DS wanted to sit in the front row. But a CM told us that for better viewing we should sit a few rows up. He said with me and ds being shorter, it may be difficult to see the singers and water projections.

We sat in the 2nd section from the left, 6th rows up and all the way to the right by the stairs. Our seats were rows of concrete. They were HOT! And they kept their heat the entire time.

There was a family in front of us with 2 small children. They seemed to be saving seats as there were two giant back packs on the concrete bench in front of me. Behind us, the row was marked reserved.

Besides our section, the FP+ area of the theater was empty at 8pm. By 8:30, our section and the one beside us were full. 8:25 is when the FP+ return time starts. The guests arriving at FP+ time were filling in the far right sections. I don't think you can see the singers from that far right, but I'm not sure.

Nobody ever filled in the seat in front of me and there would have been room for 2 people. Instead the back packs remained on the concrete, giving me a most excellent view!!

I loved the show. DS and DH liked it. There are no characters, except for those depicted on the mist screens from the new Jungle Book movie. The show follows the storyline of that movie. That movie ends differently than the Disney cartoon version. The singers were fabulous. High energy, great eye contact with the audience, top notch. But the barge is located a good distance away. They look so small. The dancers were also very high energy. They gave great eye contact and made us feel involved. Though it may have been the big zoom lens attached to my camera that drew their attention to us?

I'd suggest seeing the movie before seeing this show. Otherwise, I think the storyline would be confusing.

Before they show began, the musicians came down through the theater steps and entered their barge. They took off their shoes and placed them on the step before sitting down.

The dancers also entered through the theatre to their barge.

The singers and more dancers entered from little barges between the Asia and Dinoland sections. Those little barges took them out to their barges, on the lake. This part of the show was a bit drawn out. I think it would be better if the singers and dancers started on their barges. The song(s) played during this time were Indian songs (Bollywood style). I noticed many people and children who seemed disinterested, during this time. Once familiar songs from the movie were sung, the audience perked up a lot!

DSC_0345.jpg

13307416_10208362852487594_8036308774533968268_n.jpg

The drummers were great!

13335547_10208362853487619_1329200627240669247_n.jpg

Only the other musicians didn't make any eye contact with anyone. The fire was awesome!

13325558_10208362854887654_5060061286007500162_n.jpg

Nighttime Safari

We did the safari twice at night. The first time was on Saturday after seeing the early JB. The second time was at Sunset on Monday.

There is a big difference between the two times. I preferred the true sunset safari. The only similarity was that my pictures did not turn out well from either safari due to not being able to use flash OR due to few spotlights from overhead that were super bright.

On both safaris we saw a lot of animals. There were many more animals near the road for our later one. It was easy to spot animals at a distance on the earlier one.

The ceiling of the safari jeep is lit with soft red lights.

20160528_220402.jpg

This is my best picture from the late safari, the hippos

20160528_220851.jpg

Best picture of the hippos from the earlier sunset safari.

20160530_202821.jpg

Anyway you slice it or dice it, the pictures didn't get good.

As you enter the open area of the safari, you can't miss the "sunset". It's super bright. From a distance it doesn't look bad. When you get closer, it's so bright it blinds your view of any animals in front of it.

Best "sunset" picture from late safari.

20160528_221338.jpg

Best picture sunset picture from early one.

20160530_203542_1.jpg

The sunset is bright. Almost blinding at places. Like when you are really driving west at sunset. In the pitch black of night, it looks out of place to me. As the sun is truly setting, I think it looks much better!

The real deal breaker for me with the "sunset" are the two spot lights on either side of it. They detract from it and blind you. Those spots don't make sense at all.

In this picture you can see the two spot lights on either side of the "sunset".

20160528_221329.jpg

Pictures and sunset aside as they were the negatives of my experiences, the animals were my positive experience.

We saw so many animals!

Saturday night it took us a long time to get to the Jeep in the FP line. We saw different animals. Ones nearby the road, because you couldn't see at a distance in the pitch dark. Our safari guide was excellent and knew how to work his lights as spot lights. Two black rhinos were right up at our truck. Also something with really big horns came right up to the truck too.
Monday night for the earlier safari we saw 3 lions, a cheetah, zebra, giraffes, elephants, okapi, ankole cattle, black rhino, crocs, hippos, gazelle, and others that I don't remember their names. Once the real sun fully set, (by the time we got to the lions) it was becoming increasing difficult to see the animals.

The guide makes a world of differenced too. On Saturday night we had the best safari guide, Frank. He drove slowly and made the best use of his lights to shine where we could see the animals. He explained that it's a learning process and expects to get better over time and with more nighttime experience. He really tried hard to get everyone in the truck to see what there was.

Others have commented about the ambiance sounds of critters pumped in. There were two instances where it truly sounded fake and the tour guides made comments about what animals that could be.

Overall, we will continue to ride the nighttime safari as long as it's offered. Since ds can't control his body temp, these night time offerings work so much better for us! We typically avoid AK except for cool winter days. It's nice to be able to visit any evening!

20160530_203201.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter