Star Wars Weekend pros I have a question

jamimb

DIS Veteran
We will be visiting WDW from June 8-June 14th. It is speculated that June 9 will be a Star Wars Weekend day at Hollywood Studios and since my husband and oldest DD are huge Star Wars fans we would like to spend that day at Hollywood Studios. I am making our dining reservations on Monday and would like to make a reservation at 50's Prime Time but Im not sure whether I should make it for lunch or dinner. Any insight from someone who has been before would be helpful! Thanks!

I love SWW but wow! It's CROWDED!!!
What we did was make a lunch reservation and we were so thankful we did because that's the time when it seemed really packed. And very hot, too. Just getting in out of the heat and crowds was wonderful.

So when we were making plans for this trip, the only thing my husband mentioned that he really wanted to plan for (he's pretty easy-going) was lunch reservations!

I love SWW but wow! It's CROWDED!!!
What we did was make a lunch reservation and we were so thankful we did because that's the time when it seemed really packed. And very hot, too. Just getting in out of the heat and crowds was wonderful.

So when we were making plans for this trip, the only thing my husband mentioned that he really wanted to plan for (he's pretty easy-going) was lunch reservations!

I was leaning more towards a lunch reservation so thanks so much for the insight! We have never been to a SWW before so I didnt know what to expect and we didnt want to miss anything important while we were eating.

Early dinner would be better than lunch as you may miss some of the events held throughout the park during the day. The finale "hyperspace hoopla" is late in the evening and you should be done with your dinner reservation before that starts, usually around 8pm.

There's a thread out there with tips and trick for SWW 2013, but to give you an idea here are the events that were scheduled for this years SWW:
Padawan Mind Challenge: 2:10 & 6:30pm (SW trivia for kids)
Hyperspace Hoopla: 8:00pm
Jedi Training Academy: 9:15am, 9:45am, 10:15am, 10:45am, 11:15am, 11:45am, 12:15pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, 3:45pm, 4:15pm, 4:45pm, 5:15pm, 5:45pm, 6:15pm, 6:45pm
Star Wars Character meets: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Behind the Force: 11:00am & 1:45pm (all abou the Clone Wars cartoon)
Stars of the Saga: 3:15pm (Q&A with the visiting celebs)
Obi-Wan and Beyond: 4:45pm (James Arnold Taylor one mans show)
Visit to the Maul: 6:00pm (the weekends that Ray Park was here)
SO I would agree that a late lunch/early dinner is better than an afternoon lunch

I would go for lunch at 50's. SWW was packed when we went last year but so much fun. Don't know if they do it every year, but before the park opens the storm troopers stand guard on top of the DHS entrance watching the crowd come in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter