Star Wars themed lands announced for DL and DHS

What I love about TT is not only M & M houses, and having places for little ones to run around and play, but it is where we always go to get character photos. We can count on most of the "originals" (using term loosely) to be out at some point, and we don't have to hang out in the front hub and deal with crazy crowds. Both my kids are under 6 and it is the one area we hit multiple times in a multi day visit because they love to run around and play (without being covered in dirt or having to wait for the raft to the island), and we can see the characters for photos. So much of Disneyland is aimed at older/taller kids, or is too dark for kids who hate the dark rides, TT is something different that is appealing to my family. Yes it needs a major cleaning and touch up, but I will be sad if they replace most of it. I am all for keeping things fresh with new attractions, but not if it takes out an area that is one of its kind in all of the park.

They're also putting a kiddie coaster in the new Toy Story Land at WDW too, aren't they?
I think DLR definitely needs to have at least one thrill ride for little ones.

No one knows what the height requirement will be for the new coaster at Toy Story land. Disney said it would be more similar to 7D Mine train than Goofy's or Gadget's in size. So I'd expect at least a 38" requirement, but that's still lower than 40" :). If they wanted to build a Bugsland coaster for tots, I'd deal with them demolishing Gadget's. But I agree, DLR needs to have at least one coaster for the two to three year old set.

Toon town never had much allure to me. The painted rocks, 60 second rides and lack of any shade made the land feel temporary and half hearted. In our last two visits, we never even went in there.
I'm not crazy about Star Wars but I am hopeful Disney will do this right and not go cheap or try to turn the area into a retail heavy area like the original DCA was.

Toon town never had much allure to me. 60 second rides

Gadget's coaster is very short, about 30 seconds of ride time. But Roger Rabbit is a full dark ride and lasts around 4 minutes. There are no other rides, just the Toon Houses as fun "attractions." People can spend as much or as little time in each of the houses.

Gadget's coaster is very short, about 30 seconds of ride time. But Roger Rabbit is a full dark ride and lasts around 4 minutes. There are no other rides, just the Toon Houses as fun "attractions." People can spend as much or as little time in each of the houses.

I will admit it... I love Gadget's Go Coaster!! Yes, it is short, but so much fun! We took my niece and nephew on it a few months ago and had a blast!

I will admit it... I love Gadget's Go Coaster!! Yes, it is short, but so much fun! We took my niece and nephew on it a few months ago and had a blast!

We love it too. Both my kids began riding it around two. My DD rode the coaster over and over on her second birthday. She still likes it even though she is tall enough for the bigger coasters. She enjoyed getting to take her little brother on the coaster since it was the only one he was tall enough for. It's a fun coaster, just short. I was just responding to the idea that the rides were all 60 seconds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter