1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I will create a thread on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and another thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

Star Wars Land?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by rachlovestv, Apr 14, 2013.

1. twebber55

twebber55 New Member

Well said

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. StarWarsJez

StarWarsJez New Member

Box office draw for six movies plus several billions in merchandising (including one of the most successful toy lines in history) suggests otherwise.:lmao:

Disney knew exactly what it was doing when it spent $4Bn on Lucasfilm!

4. beer dave

beer dave There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those

Box office draw does not suggest that Friendly frog and Twebber think star wars land is better than cars land.

5. twebber55

twebber55 New Member

Yep thanks dave

6. WrenMatilda

WrenMatilda New Member

I grew up loving Star Wars, so to me this addition seems like a no brainer.

I completely trust in Disney's being able to pull this off. I'm imagining Star Wars weekends all year round and LOVING it!

7. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~WOW! This is just amazing, I've never heard any of this before. Twin Dad, you are of the *KING* of all things Star Wars! I can't wait to hear your opinion(s) on more Star Wars stuff, as it develops.
    ~Hi Friendly Frog! Yay, you totally get it about Avatar. :hug: But, I have mixed feeling about Carsland -- I love "the look", (omg) it's so gorg, especially at night! But two of the three attractions are just underwhelming. So, I'm thinking Star Wars land & Pixar land with a Cars element. I don't know if you read the whole thread, but Twin Dad posted some fabulous pics from beautiful planets that look much better than Tatooine. And, honestly DHS could really benefit from both.

~This!

8. Rumors Rocks

Rumors Rocks New Member

:thumbsup2

9. Twin Dad

Twin Dad <font color=red>DIS Dad #704<br><font color=darkor

I appreciate the compliments. I am just a Star Wars geek who has soaked up the saga like a sponge. After doing all the research for this Disney trip I have learned a lot about the parks and what others love about WDW and what needs work. A Star Wars Land would fit with the DHS theme and would also attract boys between 6 and 16 (And their dads). Sounds like a win for both sides to me. If you're interested in learning more about
    Star Wars I suggest poking around here. Enjoy!

10. ParkCutie

ParkCutie New Member

i definetly think your right.. and maybe i was just being a cynic or maybe just not the hugest star wars fan. ive seen all the movies and would love to go to a star wars park. i guess my expectations would just be very high considering how important a large a realm the star wars galaxy is you know? veeeeery big job.. but i have faith in disney :goodvibes

11. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo New Member

There is so much that could be done with a Star Wars park. I mean I would want to spend hours in Hoth alone.

12. twebber55

twebber55 New Member

i think a theme park with one IP would be cool for about two weeks and lose a ton of steam..you would have your die hards but after that people would lose interest... whether it be STar wars, LOTR, HP or whatever

one themed land for Star wars will be plenty so you can cater to other demogrphics

13. dadddio

dadddio New Member

I think that you are probably correct for a stand-alone theme park, but a theme park that would be part of the larger WDW resort complex would likely do better as long as it had very good attractions.

14. beer dave

beer dave There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those

Yep-- My kids are huge HP book fans and don't care for the movies because so much detail is lost. Likewise the star wars movie fans may be disappointed that their favorite detail has been left out or as above the depth of detail may not be what they get in a movie. Hard to build outer space.

15. super mike b

super mike b New Member

That would be a cool addition to HWS. :darth:

16. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo New Member

yeah I would love it if they did this.

17. leeg229

leeg229 New Member

Mos Eisley Cantina?

[​IMG]

18. Twin Dad

Twin Dad <font color=red>DIS Dad #704<br><font color=darkor

19. avarson

avarson New Member

I drool at the possibility of a KUKA arm style ride(a la Harry Potter). You could choose to be in an x-wing or a tie-fighter. The x-wing would be on a mission to blow up the Death Star and the tie fighter could be Darth Vader trying to stop them. "I have you now!"

<--Sorry SW Geek

20. PlutotheGreat

PlutotheGreat "You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place

According to a variety of sources Bob Iger and possibly George Lucas are at Hollywood Studios today for Star Wars Day. Word is there will be some sort of announcement at 9:45.

Fingers crossed.

21. doconeill

doconeill <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

After all the actual announced press events where they didn't announce much, it would seem strange to make a major announcement that no one really knows about... :)