Star Wars and Disney Theme Parks - What do you want to see?

helloconnie

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Let's have some fun with the recent news that Disney has purchased Lucasfilm and the rights to the Star Wars franchise.

Play Imagineer.... What would you create to bring Star Wars to the theme parks? The possibilities are endless! Restaurants, rides, shows, "lands", etc.

What's your idea and which park would you put it in?

I think it would be awesome to have a Star Wars themed restaurant / tavern where guests are entertained by an animatronic Allen band playing all Stars Wars type music. This would need to be at DHS to take full effect with alien drinks!

I could also see some awesome thrill rides....

Okay all you wanna be Imagineers, what's your idea?

:chewy: :darth:

First I would want some type of fast intense Podrace ride. That is hard for me to admit because I'm a faithfull origional trilogy guy and the prequels were horrible. Podracing is the first "ride taht pops into my head"\

Second would be the 2 eateries, Mos Eisley cantina and that stupid diner from 2.

Next a soarin style ride over say Endor

Interactive Trench Run or Kessle Run Ride

Build a Ewok store (like build a bear)

Bepsin Cloud City style hotel (with a DVC purcahseable share)

Speederbike Ride

Ewok Village play area (like Swiss Family)

Bring back the carbon freezing chamber perfectly

I'd like to see a Stars Wars version of the Pirates League. I know my DS and his friends would love to do the make over then the Jedi Training!

I would like to see an entire Star wars "land" or something like that. There is so much Disney can do with Star Wars. I'm excited to see what the future will bring.

Something similar to what they already have at DisneyQuest where you can fly the magic carpets through Agrabah, but fly speeder bikes through Endor. I always thought the bikes you sat on looked like the speeder bikes anyhow, and you can easily turn it in to a competitive race with those around you. They're also small, at Disney Quest I think they have about 12 in a small room, so you could make enough easily to keep it pushing people through.

Another cool one would be some sort of flight simulator with two lines, one for the rebel alliance and one for the empire. Sort of like a virtual laser tag game where you fly around trying to destroy each other's ships for five minutes or so. Again, something that could be built like Mission: Space could work for this, with slight tilting of the cars and a large virtual reality screen to look at. Maybe 2 per vehicle, a pilot and a shooter?

And for restaurants, is their really any choice besides Mos Eisley Cantina? Let's be serious people.

I want them to come up with something better than I could conceive.

They need to give disney Quest a shot in the arm and change that light saber virtual reality thing into a SW thing. I always felt like it was a star wars rip off with the desert skiffs .

Then take that alien encounter thing that you sit in the ship and fight the aliens and turn that into a Star Wars thing too

that would be super fun and only a minor thing/quick thing they could do to revitalize that place a bit

Here is my idea...

For starters this would be a shoot out ride/game like Buzz, the ride vehicle would be a Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) (google it) that has the speed and jerky-ness equal to the Indiana Jones ride in DL or Dinosaur in AK. The difference would be that the vechicle has the track above so the car "swings" back and forth and up and down on the track.

I am not very good at describing in detail how this would look from what my brain is picturing but I see the possibility of detail in this ride would be endless. No "live action" tv that you shoot at, tangible real props and AA figures all the way.

You would have real explosions of fire and smoke when you hit a vehicle below you and destroy it, lasers would shoot at your ride vehicle from all directions, and the ride vehicle would interact differently each time. Basically it would have "sensors" on it that as the lasers are randomly fired around your ride if one "hits" the vehicle it would jerk and act as if it was hit.

For the past couple of days, I've been thinking that they need to build a Lucasfilm park. Think Harry Potter at Universal...but bigger. Part of the park dedicated to Indy, and the other part, Star Wars. The possibilities are endless. Every good idea any of us, all rolled into one location.

Here is my idea...

For starters this would be a shoot out ride/game like Buzz, the ride vehicle would be a Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT) (google it) that has the speed and jerky-ness equal to the Indiana Jones ride in DL or Dinosaur in AK. The difference would be that the vechicle has the track above so the car "swings" back and forth and up and down on the track.

I am not very good at describing in detail how this would look from what my brain is picturing but I see the possibility of detail in this ride would be endless. No "live action" tv that you shoot at, tangible real props and AA figures all the way.

You would have real explosions of fire and smoke when you hit a vehicle below you and destroy it, lasers would shoot at your ride vehicle from all directions, and the ride vehicle would interact differently each time. Basically it would have "sensors" on it that as the lasers are randomly fired around your ride if one "hits" the vehicle it would jerk and act as if it was hit.

While your concept is good, I never really understood why they made TSM as a shoot out ride when the same ride, different theming, same MOVIE, exists in the Buzz ride. I can't see them making yet another shoot out ride.

For the past couple of days, I've been thinking that they need to build a Lucasfilm park. Think Harry Potter at Universal...but bigger. Part of the park dedicated to Indy, and the other part, Star Wars. The possibilities are endless. Every good idea any of us, all rolled into one location.

I agree... there's enough material for a whole park. Probably wishful thinking, but I'd love to see it. They'd have Willow too, right? I realize the movie isn't super popular, but you could still get a cool attraction out of it.

I think it wold also be cool to do a DHS show using green screens to show you how special effects are done. You could choose your 'scene' like the Endor moon, or Hoth, etc. play out he scene using props then view your completed scene complet with special effects. Of course you could purchase a DVD or picture at the nd...

I want to see a mos eisley cantina for sure.

I want to see JTA get bigger with a next Gen yoda

I want to see an additional attraction if some type

I want additional sequences added over time to Star Tours like Dagobah Kamino and Mustafar

helloconnie said:
Let's have some fun with the recent news that Disney has purchased Lucasfilm and the rights to the Star Wars franchise.

Play Imagineer.... What would you create to bring Star Wars to the theme parks? The possibilities are endless! Restaurants, rides, shows, "lands", etc.

What's your idea and which park would you put it in?

I think it would be awesome to have a Star Wars themed restaurant / tavern where guests are entertained by an animatronic Allen band playing all Stars Wars type music. This would need to be at DHS to take full effect with alien drinks!

I could also see some awesome thrill rides....

Okay all you wanna be Imagineers, what's your idea?

:chewy: :darth:

I totally agree that a cantina is necessary!

Thinking outside the box, I would like to see a ride-through/shooting game mock-up of the Death Star, that is very interactive, where you have to disable the tractor beam then escape on the Millenium Falcon.

You could have things like the trash compactor sequence where you almost get squashed, shooting Stormtroopers as you run around the Death Star, then finally a shooting sequence where you blow up TIE Fighters as you escape from the Death Star.

But just as important as the action would be the visuals - for example, the large open spaces of the hangers or the tractor beam shafts (which could be done using similar technology to Soarin).

It would be good if some of this could be done on foot, but not sure how you would be able to control the storyline enough.

As for hotels, I would love to see Endor-type tree houses.

Or how about simulated caves from Tattooine (I've been to the caves in Tunisia where they shot the films, and always thought how cool it would be if somebody could create a hotel themed on those caves).

The Cantina as a restaurant goes without saying.

But Jabba the Hutts Palace would also be another good restaurant theme.

I would also love to see something with animatronic creatures, especially the Rancors.

Finally, a Death Star Trench rollercoaster would be really cool too, going up and down through the trench, avoiding obstacles, finishing off with a vertical plummet through a tunnel to 'destroy' the Death Star (see the Oblivion ride at Alton Towers in the UK for an example of what the end of the ride could look like).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inbTPUii_8s

Everyone is forgetting the Wonderful other films lucasfilms is responsible for...including labyrinth...howard the duck...and of course the land before time!!

I think the cantina should make this the "house" cocktail:

Alien Brain Hemorrhage Cocktail

iKSgP.jpg

http://latinrapper.com/blogs/?p=1893

If they do an Indiana Jones attraction. It should be the 1st movie where you walk into the attraction and the giant boulder comes after you and you have to run to get to your ride car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter