Star Tours "Rebel Spy"

Ok boys and girls, please refrain from rough housing and keep your arms and legs inside the ride vehicle at all times.

You - go over there to Coke Corner for a time out. And you? Get thee to New Orleans Square.

Disney is special enough without forcing the magic. My eldest wanted a rebel spy shirt, but refused to buy it until he was chosen. We could have pleaded with a CM, etc, but we didn't. What would be the fun in that?

It took many trips, probably a couple of years before he was chosen. He was celebrating his birthday and had a button. Maybe that did the trick. Our entire family was excited when he finally bought that shirt! (Btw, he is autistic, but we would have never played that card either)

The ride engineer can override, and will for VIP tours. The CM's loading the ride have no control. The process for the ride engineer to override the selection process is a bit of work. He/she is not likely to take requests. So CM's say they cant because if they went to the engineer with request after request he might get mad.

The system as a algorithm to choose and is only over ridden on very select cases.

The tips given above are all good ways to help get picked.

I've always been told by the CM's stationed at the ride vehicles that they don't have any control over it. Implying that whoever does it, is located elsewhere in the building. I tried several times to get my son picked with no success. Then when we quit trying, it finally happened. I'd say it probably took 25-30 rides between DL & WDW before he was picked. My best advice, is to ride multiple times to increase your odds.
Interesting. The last time we rode we got to the pre-board area very early-we always ride the elevator up. The CM at the gate brought up a screen with pictures of the passengers and rapidly scanned thru them and picked one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter