Staples coupons....FREE stuff!!!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Chickysmom, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Chickysmom

Chickysmom Sadly....tagless

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. anewvance

anewvance <font color=red>Who needs a birthday for birthday

Thanks! I'm going out tonight to get some supplies and this will help some.

4. Ellester

Ellester DIS Veteran

Thanks! Every little bits helps! :Pinkbounc

5. Caitsmama

Caitsmama <font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<

cool. Thanks!

6. Paxtrist

Paxtrist Mouseketeer

Chickysmom,

Do you get these coupons emailed to you? If so, please let me know where I can sign up.

Thanks!

7. Chickysmom

not mailed to me.....just found them through a freebie site....click on the link I gave and it will open a .pdf to print out and take to a store! simple!

8. anewvance

anewvance <font color=red>Who needs a birthday for birthday

It worked just fine for me. With their sales and all, I was able to get 1/2 of my dd's supplies for $7 and then minus the $5 coupon so only paid $2!

9. PolyHereWeCome

PolyHereWeCome DIS Veteran

These look virtually identical to the $5 off $5, $2 off $2 and $1 off $1 coupons I got in a Staples e-mail last week. Mine were single-use only -- Yes, I printed duplicates and when I tried to use again on a different day, the coupon came up as already used.

Has anyone had this problem using these coupons? There's a code on these coupons, just like mine, so am very interested if others have been able to use without a manager questioning and overriding the register. I would LOVE to use if they're O.K.

10. Cindy B

Cindy B <font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish

I had a problem that they stated they were already used (this was for a free gel pen pack that was posted last week)

I looked confused, because the URL on the printout stated staples.com and not some freebie site.

The manager of the store was behind me in line (was buying some drinks). He walked over to the register and told the cashier what to do. I looked shocked and the manager said sometimes the online coupons have all the same UPC for everyone. The coupon will scan as already used becaue is it a universal UPC.

Hope that helps!

11. disneychrista

disneychrista DIS Veteran

You can sign up for emails from staples right on their homepage. Look on the right hand side.

12. jensmom

jensmom Mouseketeer

I tried to use one of the coupons tonight and it came up with "already used" on their register. So the cashier said I couldn't use it :confused3 bummer!

13. Chickysmom

Last week when I used the Sonix gell Pens coupon the manager did a register override. If these come up as being used, maybe the manager has to override these too? sorry for those that are having trouble, just found them and thought I would pass them along...good luck to everyone and hope they help some of you! I'll be trying them soon myself......crossing my fingers!

14. luvsgrumpy

luvsgrumpy DIS Veteran

We used 3 of the $5 coupons tonight. I printed out three, one for each of my kids and the store accepted all of them. It was obvious we were all together. They did have to override them but the one cashier spoke up and told the mgr that none of them were being accepted for anyone. So, we had no problem and the kids got to get a few extra supplies that they just "had to have". :thumbsup2

Thanks a bunch for the link!!!! :cool1:

15. Princess Glenda

Princess Glenda DIS Veteran

WOW!! Great coupons! My mother and I used two of these today and they worked GREAT!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS INFO. WITH US!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

16. lisaross

lisaross DIS Veteran

thanx so much

am going to print out more to use next week!

I got a pencil case and 6 composition notebooks for 1.07!

lisa

17. FINFAN

FINFAN Mom to Tinkbell

Uggghhh! Just spent $45 on DD backpack there yesterday...I am going to go back tonight and see if they will apply the coupon...hey, it's a day's worth of tip for Mousekeeping on our upcoming trip!
    Thanks OP!

Pam

PS...I also ordered 3 cases of water and got the free delivery, no tax...came out to $.26 a bottle....way better than $2.00!

18. Laurajean1014

Laurajean1014 <font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team<br><

Thank you very much. I don't need any thing now, but $5.00 off $5.00 - I'm sure I can come up with something!

19. DMRick

DMRick I prefer to be tagless!

The register gal had to call over teh manager and she said, no, they could not accept them, that they were conterfeit. She said these have been given to one specific person, and someone passed them all over the interenet. She said their store would lose the money if they accepted them. I called Staples.com tonight, and the gal I talked to said these have been all over the net, and they are not real Staples coupons that they are giving out. So, I guess for me, these can't be used.

20. taraprather

taraprather DIS Veteran

can you use all the coupons in one visit?
    Thanks!

21. The Great Baboo

The Great Baboo Mouseketeer

Nearly stripped searched at Staples!!

I thought I was slick with my $5.00 coupon in hand and a long line of hot and tired New Yorkers behind me with armfuls of school supplies, when lo and behold as I offered up my $5.00 savings (thinking yippee - I'll put this five dollars saved in my DCL jar for next years vacation), the cashier screeched this is NOT A REAL COUPON - IT'S A FAKE!! A bit of grumbling begins to wax and wane in the crowd behind me. I timidly reply but I got it on the internet....(off the Disboards -- but I withheld this tasty tidbit just in case Officer Krumpky might be within earshot)....To further my public humiliation the cashier screams over to the manager "This is fake, right? This customer gave it to me." The grumblings in the line behind me took a notable turn towards an "angry mob" mentality. I slithered out of Staples with entrails intact and cursedly went off to Wendy's with my kids, all the while believing that the Staples police put a tail on me for passing counterfeit coupons.....I guess the merchants in NYC are too savy ....whodathunkit ;)