Standard views at AKV at Jambo

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
We have always had the savannah views at AKL in the past but this November we have booked a standard view. We are getting two standard view rooms due to the fact that our 2 DS's and a friend wil be staying in the extra room and we needed to limit points...plus the fact that at the time we booked, there were no savannah views available. I thought that I read that there were some savannah views in the standard category. Does anyone know if all the rooms are pool view or are there any savannah view rooms in that category?

Most standard views at Jambo House are pool view. There are some standard views that were previously categorized as savanna view.

Be careful what you ask for. ;) My DS and I were there in June [studio] and requested one of the recategorized standard view studios with a savanna view. I politely pushed [practically begged] for a savanna view and the CM was very accommodating.

Oh - I got the savanna view all right. The absolutely very last room on the end of the north horseshoe [5384, you could not have been any farther from Mara] . . . overlooking the barn, right next to all of the outside staircases which jutted into my site line and equipped with extensive oversized water pipes required for fire safety . . . and a little sliver of the savanna right in front of me. I definitely see why someone paying those kind of points for a savanna view would have been upset. From now on, I'm gonna beg for the pool view. :laughing: One pro - it was very very quiet . . . no-one was heading that far down the hall.

We have stayed in a value studio at the Jambo House with a pool view. It was a beautiful view. I thought it was just as nice as the Savannah. It seemed so lush and green outside of our window. We loved it!

The pool view is fab you'll love it and you can see some savannah off in the distance if I remember correctly!

Thank you everyone. We will be celebrating our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary:hug: and can't think of anywhere else we'd want to be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter