Standard View From PPH

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by rosiep, Nov 17, 2006.

1. rosiep

rosiep <font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve

What exactly does a "standard view room" look out onto? Everyone describes a park view, but I can't find one for a standard. I would ask for an upgrade..but it looks like the PPH is solidedly booked for our dates. I don't expect they'll have much play with the room requests.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wendypooh22

wendypooh22 <font color=FF6666>Sometimes I'm a little Grumpy<b

I haven't stayed at the PPH, but I have stayed at the DLH, so I am guessing that a standard view would have you looking at non-park/pool view or on a lower floor or maybe the parking lot? :confused3

4. disney-super-mom

disney-super-mom <font color=magenta>I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitc

We were just there in October, and our standard view looked out over the pool area (pool, slide, hottub), and beyond that was the parking garage/lot and a panoramic view of Anahiem. (I didn't think it was a bad view, especially considering how little time you actually spend in your room.). :thumbsup2

Just wanted to add these for you see what the view is like (we could also see the Disneyland Hotel from our room). Click on these links to see a couple of pictures of a standard view room at the Paradise Pier. Hope it helps you out. :sunny:
    http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/acc/pier34.jpg
    http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/acc/pier35.jpg

5. disney-super-mom

I added a couple of links in my previous post so you can see what a standard view is like at the Paradise Pier! :thumbsup2

Also, that pool deck is an AWESOME place to watch the fireworks. They pipe in the music/narration too - it's great! Bring down some beverages, some snacks, then sit back and relax in a patio chair and enjoy the show! :cool1:

6. Disneyland1084

Disneyland1084 OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!

I stayed at the PPH last summer in July of 2005. We requested a standard room and it was on the third floor facing Grand Cal and the park. But mainly it was the street (between Grand Cal and PPH) that we saw. Not bad, we just didn't feel like upgrading to a theme park view. Next summer when my family stays at the DL hotel I'm going to ask if they can upgrade us to a theme park or DTD view for free. I hope I'm lucky! :teeth:

7. Niele

Niele "when you wish upon a star"

That slide looks awesome, my grandkids would love it. If you're staying at GCH, can you use the PP pool (that didn't sound right -LOL-) and is there an age/height limit to use it?

8. staley7580

staley7580 <font color=blue>Hangs Out With Hyenas<br><font co

Im pretty sure that the GCH has apretty nice slide too. If you check at the top of the page, there is a sticky on the hotels and they have pictures of the pool and slide there.

9. Niele

GCH does have a nice slide but nothing as big as the PP's slide... It looks so fun, I'm thinking about trying it myself, oh, yes with the grandkids. :-)

10. disney-super-mom

There's isn't an age/height limit to use the slide. When we were there in October, we even saw 2 year olds use it. It's a very fun slide, but also very gentle, so the younger ones can handle it quite well. Also, because it empties riders into a shallow catch-trough rather than into a pool, even non-swimmers can use it without fear (and parents can rest a little easier as well).

I'm not sure if pool hopping is allowed between the Disneyland Resort Hotels. I'm sure you could just ask when you're there, or possibly someone else here on the Disboards knows the answer.

11. rosiep

Thank you very much for the pictures. I'm just so glad to be going to Disney that whatever view I have is the one I'll be grateful for. I was just a curious monkey... :rolleyes:

12. Judy from Boise

Judy from Boise <font color=teal>Watch out – might take away your

You may not "Hop up" ie pay for PP and swim at GC, but in the past some people have had permission to "Hop down" is pay for GC, use the pool at PP. Just depends on the CM you speak with.

13. Niele

Much thanks, Disney-Super-Mom and Judy from Boise I'm gonna try it, it just looks too fun to pass up! :Pinkbounc

14. samkj

samkj <font color=purple>I LOVE changing them for the ho

Rosie, when are you going? We'll be at the PPH with a standard view in Feb.

15. rosiep

We'll be there Dec.4th - 9th. If you have any question when I get back feel free to ask...

16. disneyochem

disneyochem Mouseketeer

We just returned from a six-night stay at the PPH. I had booked a standard view but was upgraded to a park view (11th floor).

I stay 3-4 times a year at a DLR hotel (DLH, PPH, GCH). My suggestion for getting a free upgrade is to check in early! I have found that if I check in before 11 a.m., I always get a free up-grade--even when the hotel is busy! And be sure to ask!

And yes, definately enjoy the fireworks on the pool deck. We brought wine (in plastic cups), hot cocoa (for the kids) and Mickey cookies for the show! What fun.

17. samkj

samkj <font color=purple>I LOVE changing them for the ho

A full writen report with pictures will suffice ;)

Have a magical trip. I love Disneyland at Christmas time!