Standard suv Alamo..

Tash87

DIS Veteran
We are hiring a car from Alamo, standard suv :car:

Does anyone know what they are?

They seem to have lots of brands at Alamo, think along the size of a Jeep Cherokee, you'll be allowed to go and choose :)

We had a Int SUV booked from MCO - the only one left was a Jeep , but I think they are soooo ugly, we just said there were none left and took out a full size SUV (Dodge infinity) with no extra charge

Tony

We had a Int SUV booked from MCO - the only one left was a Jeep , but I think they are soooo ugly, we just said there were none left and took out a full size SUV (Dodge infinity) with no extra charge

Tony
I have never liked the Jeep brand but the latest models have improved a lot.

I rented a Std SUV from Alamo Miami last month, I chose a Chevy Equinox, I would class it as Intermediate rather than Std but it was the best there. At Miami it was one line for Int or Std SUV, not sure about MCO. https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/cars/car-details/US/SFAR-standard-suv.html

I like the newer shape Jeep's. I have only hired a standard suv, what is the difference between that and int suv?

All the other times we have hired a car we had a standard hire but now with an extra child in tow we had to go a little bigger.

I don't think I would ever be that lucky to get an upgrade for free :guilty:

I put it down to being on the later Virgin flight into MCO. All the int SUV's had gone (bar the ugly jeep). It is their policy to up you one grade if they are out of your category of car
tony

I am on the later flight so I shall keep my fingers crossed :drive:

Although any suv would be an upgrade compared to some of the cars we have had out there in the past.

The last few times we've rented with Alamo we've had a ford kuga and a rav 4. These have been picked up from the Dolphin hotel not the airport.

We got the Dodge Journey at Orlando airport. There was plenty of choice and we flew in on the later Virgin flight.

We had a Chevy 7 Seat Traverse, the rear seats fold away, lots of space for luggage for 4 people. (6 Cases total plus hand luggage)

We had a standard SUV last trip and the selection was very poor - seemed no clarity whatsoever between Int and Standard, just a line of SUV's ...... most of which were Hyundai Santa Fe's ........ Far smaller than the Dodge Journey we had last year. There was a separate line of Full Sizes which looked much bigger. Will defo go either Int or Full size next year and not bother with standard as very little benefit

yes think we also went with intermediate , we had a toyota 7 seater , i had been worried it was not going to be big enough but was huge and as the holiday went on it got fuller and fuller with extra bags of shoping souveniers etc

our problem was getting back to our car in manchester and realising that going from 2 cases to 7 !!! and fitting it back in our car was going to be a huge problem​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter