Standard 1BR at Boardwalk

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DVCMikey, Apr 1, 2013.

1. DVCMikey

DVCMikey DIS Veteran

We have stayed at BWV before but never in a standard. what do they overlook and how are the rooms?

Thinking of a trip in September and they have it available and you can't beat it for the points.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

I believe that the DVC rooms that you get through Disney for Boardwalk all say standard but I fact are really the garden/pool view.

4. Denise W

Denise W Disney Veteran

If you are booking a standard view at BWV on points you will overlook the front driveway area.

Denise

5. Marionnette

Marionnette <font color=deeppink>Wishing On A Star<br><font co

They overlook the driveway or the parking lot. There's a map showing the different BWV view locations in this post:
    http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43017895&postcount=28

6. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

do you do steps well - or do you need the elevators? If elevator - then put near the elevator first

now if you can do steps (there are lot more stair cases than elevators in BWV) - you have choices. Love the creek view - it is on the end near the HC and valet parking. like this area because it is near the buses and studio - the nearby stair case - have another door that goes to the community pool/hall. to get to Epcot - you go out this door - then you go thru the main pool - to get to the courtyard in front of the boats...

so yes love standard view

7. DVCMikey

DVCMikey DIS Veteran

We do stairs well, but we do have a baby so we will have a stroller. Walking the extra distance for how low the points are wouldn't be a problem for me. Especially with the creek view. I would love to get that. I believe there is a quiet pool over there too.

8. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You don't get a pool view with standard points stay at BWV. Those are preferred view (non-BW view).

9. DVCMikey

DVCMikey DIS Veteran

I knew that. I just meant there is a quiet pool on that side of the hotel near the river towards DHS

10. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

Yes, it's lovely over there and I think a pretty quick walk along the waterway. That's also where the Community Hall is.

11. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

well by the map it is not that close - but when you walk it - because of the way the resort is designed it is not far at all.

just learn where all the stair cases near you go.

quiet pool are now called community pools - so guests will not complaint about the noise saying they through it was a quiet pool......

12. DVCMikey

DVCMikey DIS Veteran

well we booked it for the near end of september. 5 nights. We have stayed at BWV before, can't wait to be there again!