St. Thomas Full Day Caribbean Sail & Snorkel to Turtle Cove & Honeymoon Beach

CajunGirl2

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a review of this excursion? I've search the boards but haven't come up with anything.

TIA!

If this is on "The Bones" it is GREAT!!!!!!!!! One of the best snorkle and BBQ. The crew rocked and even my 11 yr. old daughter had a great time. They freely pour the rum punch(to adults of course). I would do it again in a minute. Plus when we snorkled we saw a large number of sea turtles and even jumped off the dolphin strike on the boat into the warm caribbean water.

If this is on "The Bones" it is GREAT!!!!!!!!! One of the best snorkle and BBQ. The crew rocked and even my 11 yr. old daughter had a great time. They freely pour the rum punch(to adults of course). I would do it again in a minute. Plus when we snorkled we saw a large number of sea turtles and even jumped off the dolphin strike on the boat into the warm caribbean water.

Did you stop at a beach? I'm not sure if it's the same one. The one I'm interested in is a full day (6-6.5 hours) whereas the others are 3.5 hours.

I've been doing research on different things to do on our upcoming cruise, and I have been copying/pasting random things into a word doc as I find it. Of course I have NO IDEA what thread this came from, but someone recently posted this information about the excursion you are referring to:

Full day sail and snorkel turtle cove and honeymoon beach: I highly recommend it. The snorkling was great. You could go around on your own or follow the guide around and he would point out things. The crew was wonderful. Honeymoon beach there was a delicious catered lunch when we arrived and we had a great meal and a few drinks while the kids enjoyed swimming on the beach.

If I can find the thread, I'll post it for you!

I've been doing research on different things to do on our upcoming cruise, and I have been copying/pasting random things into a word doc as I find it. Of course I have NO IDEA what thread this came from, but someone recently posted this information about the excursion you are referring to:

Full day sail and snorkel turtle cove and honeymoon beach: I highly recommend it. The snorkling was great. You could go around on your own or follow the guide around and he would point out things. The crew was wonderful. Honeymoon beach there was a delicious catered lunch when we arrived and we had a great meal and a few drinks while the kids enjoyed swimming on the beach.

Thank you. If you can find the thread, that would be great too.

Just curious, what are you considering for your family? We have 2 DDs ages 11 & 9.

Did you stop at a beach? I'm not sure if it's the same one. The one I'm interested in is a full day (6-6.5 hours) whereas the others are 3.5 hours.

Yes we anchored and swam into Honeymoon beach. You had noodles and vests and they would row anyone into the beach if they wanted. The beach was really nice sandy and warm. First we sailed to Turtle cove that was towards St. John , snorkled,and after about 1:45 we reboarded sailed back towards St. Thomas and arrived at honeymoon beach. The BBQ was waiting and the chicken and ribs,salads,desserts were great. Ours was 6 -6 1/2hours and goes by like nothing.They bring you back to the base of the main pier. Great time and they play great party/caribbean music on board to get you in the mood.

Thank you. If you can find the thread, that would be great too.

Just curious, what are you considering for your family? We have 2 DDs ages 11 & 9.

Still no luck finding the thread but there are a couple of small reviews in the thread mentioned by WAHkoMom. (Edited: Found it! It IS in that thread! Page 2 toward the top!)

We are going with a 7 year old ds and are considering a couple of things...leaning toward the Eco Hike on St. John. Sounds like a nice way to see some of the island, do some walking and then relax on the beach, too. The full day sail one you're asking about sounds so fun...but 6 hours seems like such a long time for us! We're not HUGE beach people and only dh has ever been snorkeling...plus, I'm a little nervous about it just being too long! The other option for us is probably the Castaway Catamaran Sail and Snorkel to Shipwreck Cove.

When we went we were on Bones' sister ship the Silent Lady which is also a pirate themed sailboat. Some of the DCL group was also on the Dancing Dolphin, which is a catamaran.

This was my post on the following thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2873063&page=2

This seems like the excursion that I'm looking for. Was it a sailboat or catamaran?

We went on the "Bones" which is a old masted schooner which they do sail but depending on the winds they do also have an engine that speeds up the sail if needed. The crew was great with the kids and my daughter was 10 at the time. There was a few other kids on board and they bonded really well. I know they rotate the ships but usually list the ship that will be sailing that excursion.

This seems like the excursion that I'm looking for. Was it a sailboat or catamaran?

The same company has three "pirate ships" and a catamaran. You can see them all here: http://www.doubloon.com/

They handle both the full day and the half day excursions for DCL and will shuffle the boats around depending on the needs for the bookings they have for any given day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter