St Thomas Excursion Question - Which is Better?

huskydogg

Mouseketeer
So I've been looking at 2 excursions and am having trouble deciding which to do.
Caribbean Sea Safari, Snorkeling and Beach Tour 4-4.5 hours and is 55.00
Full Day Caribbean Sail & Snorkel to Turtle Cove & Honeymoon Beach 6-6.5 hours and is 105.00
Has anyone done both? They both seem to visit the same lagoon and same beach, just a bit more time for the full day one and free lunch. Is it worth twice the cost?

Any help would be appreciated?

Turtle Cove......TheBest Excursion EVER!!!!!! You won,t be sorry.IMO Worth every cent...

Thanks Carpenta but I think both of these stop at Turtle Cove. Sounds amazing! But not sure if twice the $$$ is worth it for the extra 2 hours and lunch. Do you recall which excursion you did? the 4 or the 6 hour?

We haven't done both, but I was looking at both excursions you have listed and thought the same thing about the money. We chose the Sea Safari and had a blast! The best part of the day for me was relaxing at the beach. We had the entire beach and cove area to ourselves. It was a lovely day. Drinks were plentiful on the boat and we bought lunch at the beach. Kids had fun snorkeling and jumping off the boat.

Thanks Holly4. I've tried to Google this as well and this excursion period sounds awesome! I'm doing one for sure.

For anyone who has been on the full day version, do you recall how long beach time was? Is the extra 2 hours in the full day version added to beach time to bring it to 3 hours?

We were trying to decide between these two for our cruise this past November. We decided to do the Caribbean Sea Safari. I am glad we chose the one with less time. We really enjoyed the excursion. It gave us time after the excursion to see more of St. Thomas and do some shopping. Hope that helps. Whichever one you decide to do I am sure you will have a great time !

Thanks Carpenta but I think both of these stop at Turtle Cove. Sounds amazing! But not sure if twice the $$$ is worth it for the extra 2 hours and lunch. Do you recall which excursion you did? the 4 or the 6 hour?

I did the full day with the BBQ on the beach which was 6 hours. It went a little longer but the ship does not leave because it wa a Disney sponsored excursion. The crew was the best as they interacted and snorkled with us. We stayed about 2 hours on the beach and it is a beautiful beach at that. We dropped anchor and swam in and for those (like me) who chose to relax got a noodle and floated in. We were on the siling ship the "BONES" and it is an old schooner decked out like a pirate ship where they feed you rum punch and play great music to "get you in the mood"....

I did the 4 hour snorkeling (catamaran) to St. John while our tablemates did the full day. Theirs was much much better. Half day is too short. We took a bus across St. Thomas to another marina, then got on the catamaran, then sailed to St. John (nice), snorkeled for about an hour, then back on the cat, then back on the bus. Not enough time in the water for us at all.

I had originally signed up for the full day, then changed it to just the 3 hour one, but didn't think that would be long enough, so went with the 4 hour one. Really regret not doing the all day one.

Note - I was sunburned, but the tablemates were REALLY sunburned.

Nancy

I didn't even go on an excursion on my last trip to St. Thomas. We just paid a couple bucks for a taxi into town and went shopping at the flea market. It was a lot of fun. Here is my video from the port stop: http://youtu.be/_5cwH52kaRE

This was a fun cheap alternative to an excursion.

Thanks everyone for the info. Great stuff! Now I guess I have a decision to make. I think I'm leaning towards the 4 hour and will spend some time in town. But first I'm going to look through my cruise documents that just arrived today. Woo hoo!

Thanks everyone for the info. Great stuff! Now I guess I have a decision to make. I think I'm leaning towards the 4 hour and will spend some time in town. But first I'm going to look through my cruise documents that just arrived today. Woo hoo!

Have a wonderful cruise. We were in Calgary and Banff last year and had a great time. Truly beautiful country. The Rockies are majestic. But like us here ( -9 degrees tonight) it is nice to have some war sun on your face in winter.

Another vote for turtle cove & honeymoon beach!!! The bones crew are amazing!!! Plenty of rum to go around!! Food was good, honeymoon beach is beautiful!!! Saw lots if turtles and there's a small but beautiful reef there!!

Honeymoon beach..,
77B8AB50-22A3-4A4F-99E4-361F0AA60412-4304-000006F611272129.jpg

Bones pirate ship...
215DE06B-DF7E-470D-B00F-15ED76984EFC-11295-00000F4912BD283A.jpg

A7ADF756-7AA2-4CE9-811A-4C2375C4A33A-11295-00000F49014A8843.jpg

The crew is fun and VERY entertaining!!!
BBDFFF62-62D3-4035-BF09-020EC1B98878-11295-00000F4907BBBAF5.jpg

6E882F24-DA86-4472-8561-5A29F566FA41-11295-00000F4A219DA164.jpg

EEE7E5D5-F258-4362-96B1-C1E1F6937280-11295-00000F4A2747B74B.jpg

From turtle cove...
64AEEA15-33DB-4AAE-92F5-3A9DD4F70152-11295-00000F490DDCF03C.jpg

Only advice is the 45min trip to turtle cove from ship is really rocky, take something for sea sickness! I got sick but I'd do it again in a heart beat for as much fun that I had!

I did the full day with the BBQ on the beach which was 6 hours. It went a little longer but the ship does not leave because it wa a Disney sponsored excursion. The crew was the best as they interacted and snorkled with us. We stayed about 2 hours on the beach and it is a beautiful beach at that. We dropped anchor and swam in and for those (like me) who chose to relax got a noodle and floated in. We were on the siling ship the "BONES" and it is an old schooner decked out like a pirate ship where they feed you rum punch and play great music to "get you in the mood"....

I too have not done both but did the full day. It was the very best excursion we have done in 4 cruises... it is was one of the highlights of the trip and two month later we are still talking about it. The crew is all from the USA and made the day so fun. The water at HOneymoon beach is amazing... it is really worth $105 pp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter