St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel OR Doubloon Sail & Snorkel

tinytinkmom

I work to support my vacation habit!
Which would you choose?
DH & I are trying to decide whether we should do the St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel (the pictures of the beach are beautiful, and the snorkel trail sounds fun)... OR the Doubloon Sail & Snorkel (I'd love to see the sea turtles & the ship sounds like a blast)...
Both seem fabulous, so I'm having a hard time making the call - any opinions??? :confused3

We went to Trunk Bay when we went to St. John a few years ago. I was not that impressed - but then, I wasn't that impressed with St. John in general. We drove all over the place looking for turtles & couldn't find any. We swam with sea turtles in HI once and it was awesome. My disappointment with the island might have been because we went in May & didn't have the best weather - it rained every afternoon. A lot of people really love the island tho...I know a couple of people with timeshares there. But it seemed like everytime we went out to do something it rained. You need sunny weather for good snorkeling and we enjoy going off of a boat as the water is usually deeper and I think most of the time that offers a better variety of things to see. The one exception we found to that was in Keahou on the Big Island of HI - fantastic off shore snorkeling.

I like sailboats - they're relaxing. Is the Doubloon Sail & Snorkel on a real sailboat or on a catamaran or a speedboat? I would probably pick that excursion. Boats are fun!:thumbsup2

Just got back from the Eastern yesterday and went on the Doubloon on Wednesday! We LOVED it!!! The boat, a real sailboat, was a blast. The crew was fun, and the snorkeling was amazing. I would say it was one of the highlights of the whole cruise for the 3 of us. We saw lots of turtles, a huge stingray, and tropical fish galore. :banana: :banana: :banana:

The boatride back was fun, lots of fun "boat drinks" and chips and salsa.... I would highly recommend this trip - it was fabulous!

We have actually done both of them. If you want to see the sea turtles than do the Doubloon, if you only want to see lots of pretty fish and coral than go to St. John's.

We LOVED the Doubloon when we took our son. The sea turtles were amazing and they came right up to you. The crew is great and the snacks and free drinks were also a plus! If you do the Doubloon, don't forget to bring some extra money because they do have great shirts for sale while on board.

St. John's was very pretty, but we did the Barefoot catameran and snorkel to Honeymoon Bay. The ride to St. John's is about 45 min from St. Thomas, but you get to see some beautiful sites while sailing there. The snorkeling is wonderful, but we didn't see many turtles there at all, but the sandy white beach was beautiful. The crew was also wonderful.

So you just have to decide what you really want to see. If you are taking the family I would go for the Doubloon - FYI- reserve the Doubloon asap, due to it selling out quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter