Ssshhhh This Time It's A Secret! Dec 2015 pre-trip report

There is an older WDW DVD where kids are dancing on the various beaches and in the waterparks. Its has lots of beach songs in it. I will have to look at the title of it when I get home. It might have a CD out too with just the songs. Not sure.

This sounds awesome, thanks!

Okay guys...I'm having ticket decision issues...HELP!!!

First off, part of my group is getting 5 day park hoppers from one members work at a cost of $339 per person. Because of this they are going to do 5 disney park days. My trio will either do 4 days or 5 day. I haven't decided which yet.

I currently have one 4-day park hopper non-expire, two 3-day park hopper non-expire, three 1-day park hoppers and three 1 day base tickets.

I'm trying to decide if we should just use what we have or buy some reduced price work tickets or some combination.

In 5 or 6 years we plan to do Discovery Cove and Sea World and would like to have a day or two at Disney. So I would like to have a day or two of tickets left over.

I could use everything except the three 1-day park hoppers this trip. But the one day base tickets were purchased to get free dining when we already had tickets. I figured someday we would upgrade those tickets and add more days to them. It feels like it would be a waste to use them as is.

I'm just so confused.
:confused3

I think I have my ticket situation figured out. I'm going to use my one day base ticket and pretend I was never going to add days to it. Then we will use up some of our other days and save 1 day each for our SeaWorld Trip. This means that I will be going to have 4 days of parks plus the party. Dave & Hope will be going to 3 days of parks plus the party. They both said they are okay with doing a day a Disney Quest while I go to the parks with my cousins.

Now I'm just waiting for the recommendations on easywdw and then I can plan my park days.

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

I understand park times came out?!?!

Yes, and I'll have to change some things around...but I wanted to wait for the recommendation calender to come out before I spend too much time working on it.

awesome! I can't wait like that.. hence my plan A-G at this point! HA HA HA..
Did Josh post about the hours?!

awesome! I can't wait like that.. hence my plan A-G at this point! HA HA HA..
Did Josh post about the hours?!
Well, I did make a couple of plans but I'm not sure which one to go with. He still hasn't posted the recommended schedule yet and I'm trying to wait patiently.popcorn:::surfweb::coffee: But I'm starting to feel like:badpc:.

I'm with you! We are going the first week in December and I can't wait for more details about the crowd calendars and recommendations. Glad to have another December thread to follow!

I bet you are!!! LOL!!!

how are you holding up with keeping it a secret?

So far, so good. We are going on a cruise next year and because we booked the cruise before I started planning the Disney trip, she thinks we are going on the cruise first and then Disney the next year.

Last edited:
I'm with you! We are going the first week in December and I can't wait for more details about the crowd calendars and recommendations. Glad to have another December thread to follow!

I think I have my plans all set now. I may have some major last min. changes if the weather on my party night is bad. My cousin is coming over Monday to talk and then I should be ready to post put plans.

Last edited:
I did notice that over on easywdw he posted the December 2014 calendar link to demonstrate how park hours may likely change. It's pretty significantly different with 8am MK openings & later hours & 2 Fantasmic! Showings per night at HS. Might be worth looking at.

We were there the first week of December. I remember a lot of people complaining because the Magic Kingdom opening hours were changed a couple of weeks before we went. People had made early ADRs to be in the park before opening and then the hours changed on them and they were no longer the only ones there. For me it would have been a non-issue but for others it was.

I did notice that over on easywdw he posted the December 2014 calendar link to demonstrate how park hours may likely change. It's pretty significantly different with 8am MK openings & later hours & 2 Fantasmic! Showings per night at HS. Might be worth looking at.

Yes, I did see that and I am planning for it! We are crazy enough to attempt EMH at MK, which means getting in at 7AM. My cousin may disown me after that!

Last edited:
We were there the first week of December. I remember a lot of people complaining because the Magic Kingdom opening hours were changed a couple of weeks before we went. People had made early ADRs to be in the park before opening and then the hours changed on them and they were no longer the only ones there. For me it would have been a non-issue but for others it was.
We did pre-park opening adr for CRT in sept 2009 and it was great. It would have been nice to set the same thing up for my cousin, but it just won't work out that way. It's really nice to be in the know.

Last edited:
My in-laws will be joining us from CA so I'm sure the first few days of getting up early will be rough. Hoping maybe they will come on Saturday instead of Monday so they can adjust. We will be off property so no EMH but we will aim for rope drop most days. And if they really want they can drive separately and join us later. My kids will be up at 6am anyway! Not planning any breakfast ADRs-we will eat on the go!

My in-laws will be joining us from CA so I'm sure the first few days of getting up early will be rough. Hoping maybe they will come on Saturday instead of Monday so they can adjust. We will be off property so no EMH but we will aim for rope drop most days. And if they really want they can drive separately and join us later. My kids will be up at 6am anyway! Not planning any breakfast ADRs-we will eat on the go!

:welcome: I can't imagine how tiring WDW must be for people from the West Coast! Rope drop is the place to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter