SSRMonkey and Koala's Excellent Adventures. Live at SSR 3/16/13-3/23/13.

She really doesn't look like a devil cat when she's sleeping! Prayers for dad tomorrow that his surgery goes well and he heals quickly without any complications! I'm sure you'll be rewarded with a Disney trip for being a good nurse!

You're right, she does look very peaceful when sleeping. I can't tell you how many times she's chased Mom down the hall, down the stairs, out of the house. Literally. One time she ran into the garage door after Mom ran out of the house. She was really going after her. Then about 10 minutes later she wants to be in Mom's lap. I think she's bipolar. But only with Mom, she's always nice to Dad.

Thanks, Chellymouse. I'm sure things will go well for Dad tomorrow. I have my stethoscope ready!

Dad's surgery went well today. They were able to repair his meniscus rather than take it out. In the long run that's good, but he can't put any weight on it for at least 6 weeks. We're glad we were able to get our vacation in before this. I'm going to have to make myself a brace for my leg so he doesn't feel so bad. Hopefully in another 8 weeks he can start swinging a golf club again.

So glad to hear Dad's surgery went well.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us here and on facebook!

I have my own leg brace now to make Dad feel better. At least I can bend my leg though and take off my brace to go get him cookies! :)

DSC05219_zps8523e5bb.jpg

I have my own leg brace now to make Dad feel better. At least I can bend my leg though and take off my brace to go get him cookies! :)

DSC05219_zps8523e5bb.jpg

I love your robe and sympathy brace! You know...I could teach you a few tricks...I've been around the nurse block....even have papers! Hope dad is doing well and not having too much pain!

I didn't know you are a nurse! That's awesome. I bet your patients love you! Dad seems to be doing very well. He's even able to go up and down stairs with his crutches pretty well. I follow close behind just in case I have to catch him. I may look small but I'm like the Hulk.

I'm actually a nurse practitioner now. I finished grad school almost 4 years ago and of course, went to WDW about 14 hours after taking my last exam! Happy to hear dad is getting along well! I think you'd make an excellent nurse! Dad is lucky to have you caring for him!

That's great! I'm impressed! You'll be my go to resource for medical questions. I hope your studies included Squatch medicine. When I catch one I might have very specific questions.

That's great! I'm impressed! You'll be my go to resource for medical questions. I hope your studies included Squatch medicine. When I catch one I might have very specific questions.

I have learned a bit of squatch medicine...had to with DH...still think he's a squatch! Hope dad is doing well!

DSC05219_zps8523e5bb.jpg

So glad dad's surgery went well. I'm thankful you were able to get your trip in before the surgery. Now, he can rehab with a future trip on his mind. Your robe and sympathy brace are too cute! Good job nursing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter