Ssr?

I know being far away is subjective, but I don't feel any building at SSR is far from a bus stop.

Congress Park is probably the area best for being closest to a Bus Stop and the Springs. There is one building I feel is a pretty good distance to the bus stop and that is the Grandstand building closest to the Treehouse Villas. Even Carousel is close to a bus stop and now close to the new Paddock pool.

Looking at the map...it seems like most sections have one building that looks inconvenient to a bus. Paddocks 6101-6436 was the building that concerned me. I could see where Grandstand 9501-9836 or Carousel 7501-7836 would be pretty inconvenient. I just can't tell if that is 1/10th of a mile of 1/2 mile or more between the back side of the buildings to the bus stops.

I just stayed in the Grandstand building you are talking about and it really isn't all that far from the bus stop.

But my real question is why won't you get an ECV? Your experience in the parks would be so enhanced if you were not in pain and having to come back and put iced bottles on your feet!

Looking at the map...it seems like most sections have one building that looks inconvenient to a bus. Paddocks 6101-6436 was the building that concerned me. I could see where Grandstand 9501-9836 or Carousel 7501-7836 would be pretty inconvenient. I just can't tell if that is 1/10th of a mile of 1/2 mile or more between the back side of the buildings to the bus stops.

I don't consider any of those buildings far to a bus stop but like I said I guess distance is relative to what one is comfortable with.

I just stayed in the Grandstand building you are talking about and it really isn't all that far from the bus stop.

But my real question is why won't you get an ECV? Your experience in the parks would be so enhanced if you were not in pain and having to come back and put iced bottles on your feet!

That is a great question. Frankly, my last trip was my best...but I won't know about the next trip until I get there. Dr. Scholl's inserts and heel cups made an incredible difference. I was so thrilled!! I committed myself to walking 2-3 miles a day everyday afterwards. I had scheduled an appointment with a podiatrist before the trip, and had to put it off until I got back. Well...he ordered me not to walk for exercise until further notice. :scared1: My hopes are to be able to walk a lot on my next trip, but try to set myself for the least pain if it flares up.

Why won't I get the ECV?

I think the walking is good for me.
I don't want to spend the money (this trip especially)
I can walk, therefore I will.

I guess a lot of it is pride. Until recently, I thought all of my foot problems in the parks were because of my weight, and I wasn't going to get a scooter because of it. Where is the line between laziness and alleviating pain?

I do believe the Disney walking has overall been good for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter