SSR refurbishment schedule

Discussion in 'UK DVC Discussion' started by UKDEB, Jun 11, 2012.

1. UKDEB

UKDEB <font color=CC33FF>Found the Tag Fairy's hangout<b Moderator

I've been struggling to find detailed information, but I came across a review on Trip Advisor in which the author stated that the refurbishments would be carried out in a counter-clockwise fashion, taking 2-4 months per section. I contacted the reviewer asking for the source of the information and she responded saying that she'd phoned the resort and was given the following information:

Congress Park - completed
    Springs - 07/01/12-09/21/12
    Paddock - 09/21/12-03/03/13
    Carousel - 03/03/13-05/10/13
    Grandstand - 05/10/13-08/03/13

Not strictly counter-clockwise, but that ceases to be important once you have the precise detail.

Obviously I have no idea whether this will turn out to be accurate, but it seems fairly specific. It will certainly help me narrow down my requests for our November trip and I thought others might find it useful, too.

2. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

Any picks yet Deb? To be honest I did not like it there as felt so isolated and the room smelt damp and it was unclean. Tht was a studio perhaps the one bedrooms are better:confused3 we were in congree park on the ground floor when We asked for a high floor. Wouldnt have minded but it was half empty as late november. Wouldnt rule it out but prfer okw. Interesting to seevrefurb rooms though:thumbsup2

3. UKDEB

UKDEB <font color=CC33FF>Found the Tag Fairy's hangout<b Moderator

That's worrying, but I think it's a fairly common problem with hotel rooms once they get to the point that they need refreshing. We've had similar issues at the BoardWalk Villas and Portofino Bay (at Universal), and, to a lesser extent, the Beach Club Villas. That's why I'm keen to get a refurbished room. We normally ask for Grandstand, but I'm erring towards Paddock for that reason.