SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

So I have had dvc for 12 years now. I live on the west coast and always go to DL. I actually own SSR because DL dvc wasn't built. I have only been to WDW once (1/31/2016) and stayed at POR because someone else paid for whole trip. With the way DL is turning out I am sad and really don't want to ruin my childhood memories but continuing to go to Star Wars/marvel land. WDW seems to still have Mickey. I am planning a trip in a couple years for a decent amount (I'm thinking 10 days actually in parks and 2 days travel) of time. I was thinking of splitting my trip into two resorts around monorail loops/walking distances to parks. I found the 30-60 minute bus wait and route times to be insane and I really don't want the hassle of renting a car. So anyone have suggestions or thoughts? I'm not sure how many people would be going. I do know me and my two daughters 8 and 4 at trip time)

So I have had dvc for 12 years now. I live on the west coast and always go to DL. I actually own SSR because DL dvc wasn't built. I have only been to WDW once (1/31/2016) and stayed at POR because someone else paid for whole trip. With the way DL is turning out I am sad and really don't want to ruin my childhood memories but continuing to go to Star Wars/marvel land. WDW seems to still have Mickey. I am planning a trip in a couple years for a decent amount (I'm thinking 10 days actually in parks and 2 days travel) of time. I was thinking of splitting my trip into two resorts around monorail loops/walking distances to parks. I found the 30-60 minute bus wait and route times to be insane and I really don't want the hassle of renting a car. So anyone have suggestions or thoughts? I'm not sure how many people would be going. I do know me and my two daughters 8 and 4 at trip time)

Just curious, where did you stay when you had to wait 30-60 mins for buses???? The only time out of 12 that we've waited 20 mins. from any resort was a couple times at best..... One time coming back from F! we waited 4ever for a bus to POR....there had to be at least 500 people in front of us, so after about 1/2 hr or so we switched lines to the POFQ and waited a few more mins.

Also the route times are really not so bad either....From AKL to MK ( furthest away ) is only 20 mins..... SSR to MK or AK is about 15 - 17 mins..
Buses are actually not bad at all. I enjoy the ride to be honest....Monrail would be nice, and we've also done the walk from BWV to HS & to Epcot ( which is nice )

Was thinking of ordering some drinks and snacks from Amazon. Has anyone had experience with this? Do I have to let the resort know to expect a delivery?

TIA. :)
We will be doing a prime pantry order. Everything I've read says it's fine. There's a thread about shipping to a resort. I don't have the link but I'm sure you could do a search.

Just curious, where did you stay when you had to wait 30-60 mins for buses???? The only time out of 12 that we've waited 20 mins. from any resort was a couple times at best..... One time coming back from F! we waited 4ever for a bus to POR....there had to be at least 500 people in front of us, so after about 1/2 hr or so we switched lines to the POFQ and waited a few more mins.

Also the route times are really not so bad either....From AKL to MK ( furthest away ) is only 20 mins..... SSR to MK or AK is about 15 - 17 mins..
Buses are actually not bad at all. I enjoy the ride to be honest....Monrail would be nice, and we've also done the walk from BWV to HS & to Epcot ( which is nice )

POR is where we stayed and we were closest to main building so first stop in morning but at night we were last stop. Not a fun trip when you have a toddler that really hates all modes of transportation. After second day we ended up just getting off at night at POFQ and walking the mile to our room every night. That was relaxing actually.

HI all, booked a last minute trip to the World in November and right now the only resort available for my full stay in SSR. We have never stayed her before. Only there for a few days after our cruise. Plan on being in the parks most of the time... We booked a studio. What area do you suggest that I request. Basically hoping to be close to the carriage house and a bus stop. The Springs or Grandstands?

HI all, booked a last minute trip to the World in November and right now the only resort available for my full stay in SSR. We have never stayed her before. Only there for a few days after our cruise. Plan on being in the parks most of the time... We booked a studio. What area do you suggest that I request. Basically hoping to be close to the carriage house and a bus stop. The Springs or Grandstands?
Check out post #2 in this thread. There is a FAQ on the pros and cons for each section of SSR.

I've never eaten there with the place even being 1/2 filled up...Not so sure you'll need ADR's

I agree...we were able to walk in and get a table very easily our last two visits, casual park attire and great food. We will probably dine here again when we visit in 10 days!

We will be doing a prime pantry order. Everything I've read says it's fine. There's a thread about shipping to a resort. I don't have the link but I'm sure you could do a search.

There is another option for grocery delivery now and I think it is run by DVC owners. They name is Dizzy Dolphin and they get great reviews. Amazon might be cheaper but I would suggest looking into this company.

There is another option for grocery delivery now and I think it is run by DVC owners. They name is Dizzy Dolphin and they get great reviews. Amazon might be cheaper but I would suggest looking into this company.
We are actually getting a grocery order, too. I'm not sure where we are getting it from but my mom and I both have coupons so we are going to figure out the best place within the next few weeks. Thanks for the info!

A couple questions: I see 1 box of laundry soap but no fabric softener?

Also is there single serve flavored creamers for coffee at the refillable mug station(s)? Is coffee at all refillable stations (say Paddock Grill) or just near Artist Palette?

TIA

Also is there single serve flavored creamers for coffee at the refillable mug station(s)? Is coffee at all refillable stations (say Paddock Grill) or just near Artist Palette?
Coffee at Artist's Palette and Paddock Grill mug stations, but not at Grandstand.

All I remember at the coffee stations is regular creamer, although I think there were cartons of flavored creamer for sale in the store.

Since you mentioned coffee, when we checked out last Saturday, May 7 and were waiting for the ME at 6am, a CM directed us to the lobby for coffee. Since Artists Palette wasn't open yet they had a Keurig set up with a few choices of coffee and tea, and small liquid creamers. On our way out I thanked the CM again and he told us this was a recent addition. I hope they continue as it truly made my morning bearable and may have been the first free thing of value that I've ever received from Disney.

Since you mentioned coffee, when we checked out last Saturday, May 7 and were waiting for the ME at 6am, a CM directed us to the lobby for coffee. Since Artists Palette wasn't open yet they had a Keurig set up with a few choices of coffee and tea, and small liquid creamers. On our way out I thanked the CM again and he told us this was a recent addition. I hope they continue as it truly made my morning bearable and may have been the first free thing of value that I've ever received from Disney.
Thanks for the info! Since you were just there, did they have the screens at the bus stop to tell you when a bus was coming?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter