• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hi everyone! This will be our first time staying at SSR and we are so excited! Our trip is 11/30-12/6. We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa. My uncle is a DVC member and we are basically renting his points from him. There will be 9 of us…6 adults and 3 children (14, 13, & 12) I hope it’s not too overcrowded! Anyway. Are the 2 bedroom villas located in a certain area or is it like any other room where we can request a location? I don’t know anything about this resort, so I’m doing a lot of research right now. More than likely we won’t be utilizing the pools a lot, maybe once if the kids really want to. We will have our cars with us as well. Is there a charge for keeping a car on property here? Two of the adults, possibly 3, will be renting scooters. Will they be a problem to charge inside the rooms? Or getting on and off the buses? They never had any issues in the past at other resorts, so I’m assuming it will be fine. What are the food options at the resort? Do all the rooms have a balcony? How far is each park from the resort? I know it’s a bit further out from other resorts. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get all the information I may need for planning. Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! This will be our first time staying at SSR and we are so excited! Our trip is 11/30-12/6. We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa. My uncle is a DVC member and we are basically renting his points from him. There will be 9 of us…6 adults and 3 children (14, 13, & 12) I hope it’s not too overcrowded! Anyway. Are the 2 bedroom villas located in a certain area or is it like any other room where we can request a location?
There are 2BR villas in every building, so you can request a location.
I don’t know anything about this resort, so I’m doing a lot of research right now. More than likely we won’t be utilizing the pools a lot, maybe once if the kids really want to. We will have our cars with us as well. Is there a charge for keeping a car on property here?
No, parking is free, and one of the great things about SSR is that you can park right outside your building.
Two of the adults, possibly 3, will be renting scooters. Will they be a problem to charge inside the rooms?
I don’t think so, but we don’t travel with scooters (yet), so hopefully someone else will confirm.
Or getting on and off the buses?
With two scooters, I’d recommend requesting to be in the Grandstand section, which is the first bus stop, so less chance of all ECV spaces on the bus being full. That would be true early in the morning; later in the day when people are returning from the parks, it’s possible that the ECV spaces will be occupied. The Grandstand is one of the Standard sections; if you’re booked in a Preferred section, then Grandstand is not an option, unfortunately, only Congress Park or The Springs, which are the 4th and 5th bus stops.
They never had any issues in the past at other resorts, so I’m assuming it will be fine. What are the food options at the resort?
There’s both a QS and a TS restaurant in the main building, and some of the pools have QS food as well. And one of the draws of SSR is that it’s a short walk or boat ride over to Disney Springs, with all its food and shopping opportunities.
Do all the rooms have a balcony?
Yes.
How far is each park from the resort? I know it’s a bit further out from other resorts.
Once the bus leaves the resort, it’s maybe 20 minutes to MK or AK. Epcot and DHS are closer than that.
Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get all the information I may need for planning. Thanks so much!
Have a great trip!

There are 2BR villas in every building, so you can request a location.
That’s great! We now need to decide which location to request. Although, I’m sure it’s not a guarantee to get our request.
No, parking is free, and one of the great things about SSR is that you can park right outside your building.
Glad to hear!
With two scooters, I’d recommend requesting to be in the Grandstand section, which is the first bus stop, so less chance of all ECV spaces on the bus being full. That would be true early in the morning; later in the day when people are returning from the parks, it’s possible that the ECV spaces will be occupied. The Grandstand is one of the Standard sections; if you’re booked in a Preferred section, then Grandstand is not an option, unfortunately, only Congress Park or The Springs, which are the 4th and 5th bus stops.
Thank you for the suggestion!
Once the bus leaves the resort, it’s maybe 20 minutes to MK or AK. Epcot and DHS are closer than that.
That’s not too bad of a ride!
Have a great trip!
Thank you so much for all of your tips!! We are so excited to be staying at SSR!

That’s great! We now need to decide which location to request. Although, I’m sure it’s not a guarantee to get our request.
Unfortunately, there’s no guarantee of getting your request, but because SSR is so large, your chances might be better than at a smaller resort. But first you need to find out whether your uncle booked a Preferred 2BR, in which case your request is limited to Congress Park or The Springs, or a Standard 2BR, in which case you can request Grandstand, Carousel or Paddock.

Here’s the SSR map - might help you get oriented. https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/SSMap.pdf

Last edited:
Hi everyone! This will be our first time staying at SSR and we are so excited! Our trip is 11/30-12/6. We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa. My uncle is a DVC member and we are basically renting his points from him. There will be 9 of us…6 adults and 3 children (14, 13, & 12) I hope it’s not too overcrowded! Anyway. Are the 2 bedroom villas located in a certain area or is it like any other room where we can request a location? I don’t know anything about this resort, so I’m doing a lot of research right now. More than likely we won’t be utilizing the pools a lot, maybe once if the kids really want to. We will have our cars with us as well. Is there a charge for keeping a car on property here? Two of the adults, possibly 3, will be renting scooters. Will they be a problem to charge inside the rooms? Or getting on and off the buses? They never had any issues in the past at other resorts, so I’m assuming it will be fine. What are the food options at the resort? Do all the rooms have a balcony? How far is each park from the resort? I know it’s a bit further out from other resorts. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get all the information I may need for planning. Thanks so much!
9 people and 3 scooters in a room is going to be tight. You will have 4 in what is basically a standard 2 queen hotel room, 3 in the living room (2 sharing a queen Murphy bed and 1 on a smaller-than-a-twin Murphy bed), and 2 in the room with the king bed. The scooters will probably need to go in the king room to be out of the way.

You can do a self guided room tour at this link:

https://matterport.com/discover/space/CFCQsmBPadD

9 people and 3 scooters in a room is going to be tight. You will have 4 in what is basically a standard 2 queen hotel room, 3 in the living room (2 sharing a queen Murphy bed and 1 on a smaller-than-a-twin Murphy bed), and 2 in the room with the king bed. The scooters will probably need to go in the king room to be out of the way.

You can do a self guided room tour at this link:

https://matterport.com/discover/space/CFCQsmBPadD
Seems that people leave scooters and strollers in the hallways too. Been seeing this a lot lately. We stayed at VGF in a resort studio in Big Pine Key. There was one scooter and a stroller in the hall every night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter