SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At SSR now and due to construction at main entrance road the Springs is the 1st pick up and drop off. We are in the Grandstand- closest building to Springs- and it is perfect. Love the pool here since it is less busy than Springs but still a short walk if my daughter wants to go on the slide. Only downside is the refillable drink station at Grandstand is only open limited times-not past 6pm.

Recommend that people take boat back to hotel from Dowtown Disney if possible since the bus back took longer.

jjmm said:
At SSR now and due to construction at main entrance road the Springs is the 1st pick up and drop off. We are in the Grandstand- closest building to Springs- and it is perfect. Love the pool here since it is less busy than Springs but still a short walk if my daughter wants to go on the slide. Only downside is the refillable drink station at Grandstand is only open limited times-not past 6pm.

Recommend that people take boat back to hotel from Dowtown Disney if possible since the bus back took longer.

Have you had an opportunity to see the new models available at SSR? I am so curious to see how they look. I was doing a DVC tour on July 28th but the updated rooms were not available. Just excited and curious.
Thanks

Idreamodisney247 said:
Have you had an opportunity to see the new models available at SSR? I am so curious to see how they look. I was doing a DVC tour on July 28th but the updated rooms were not available. Just excited and curious.
Thanks

How so you request a dvc tour?

We got back Monday night and had a great time. We were also in the Springs section as requested. Fourth floor, 4432 - had a view of the fireworks.

We had no car. DD and her friend did the parks. I did not do any parks on this trip - coming back in December. Relaxed by the pool all day - evening was DTD, Boardwalk, POR and BLT - TOW Lounge. No problems with busses. Did not take the boat once but walked to DTD once and back twice.

First time here. I was overwhelmed at first for sure. I for for 60/90 minutes walks each morning and by the third day - I realized that you are really not too far from anything, bus, pool, DTD, etc. There are definitely some areas that are more remote than others. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Thanks

No I did not. Our room was not refurbished and we did not request to see one. I am sure they are really nice though! :)

I should probably know this but I guess my mind isn't working too quickly this morning. I just booked our november, 2012 trip for a 2 bedroom villa. My email conformation states a dedicated room although I did not request that. I know the dedicated villas do not have the studio kitchenettes but does this also mean there will be two beds instead of the bed and sofa combination the studio rooms have? Thanks :)

I am curious about the term dedicated because when I booked through MS they did not mention that term, I did specifically ask for No lock off rooms. I wanted a straight 2 bedroom not the 1bR +Studio combo as I have three small kids. BTW I will be down there in November as well!!

I am curious about the term dedicated because when I booked through MS they did not mention that term, I did specifically ask for No lock off rooms. I wanted a straight 2 bedroom not the 1bR +Studio combo as I have three small kids. BTW I will be down there in November as well!!
There are dedicated two-bedrooms (one integrated villa with a single front door) and lock-off two-bedrooms (a one-bedroom villa with a connecting door to a studio). By requesting "no lock off rooms" you essentially asked for a dedicated two-bedroom.

The confirmation may or may not have the actual word "dedicated." (The online booking site does not.) If it doesn't specifically say "Lock Off" it is a dedicated.

High Rock Spring Pool
Located at the Carriage House, and closest to the Springs Section
  • Lifeguard protected
  • Pool parties, games, and other activities throughout the day
  • Water slide
  • Kiddie slide
  • Two hot tubs
  • Small water play area for kids. (Has a statue of Donald Duck with a few sprinklers around it. Also a waterfall you can stand under.)
  • Zero entry pool
  • Hydraulic Lift
  • Full-service bar with drink refill station at pool
  • Artist's Palette QS Restraunt nearby, which also has a drink refill station
  • Laundry Room
  • Arcade
  • Community Hall
  • Fire Pit nearby (Marshmallow roasting in the evening)

Paddock Pool
Located in the Paddock Section
  • Lifeguard protected
  • Pool parties, games, and other activities throughout the day
  • Water slide
  • One hot tub
  • Water play area for kids that includes several small water slides
  • Zero entry pool
  • Hydraulic Lift
  • QS restaurant with drink refill station at pool (not a full service bar, but they do have some bottled alcoholic drinks available)
  • Laundry Room

Grandstand Pool
Located in the Grandstand Section
  • No Lifeguards - swim at your own risk
  • One hot tub
  • Water play area for kids themed on a race track. (Includes a "starting gate" that sprays water and several horse heads that can be used like water canons.)
  • Full service bar at the pool with drink refill station. (Limited pre-made food offerings like sandwiches and salads.)
  • Laundry Room
  • Community BBQ area

Congress Park Pool
Located in the Congress Park Section
  • One hot tub
  • Playground
  • Laundry Room
  • Community BBQ area

THV Pool
Located in the South loop of the Tree House Villa Section
  • One hot tub

Thanks for Posting this. Its super helpful. When we were in SSR last September it was our first time and we were right in front of the Grandstand pool. We loved it, nice and quiet, not busy and the kids toggled between the splash area and the pool. But I know how much they love water slides and so I am thinking with all the activities going on at the carriage house that we may spend more time there. Of course that all depends on how far away from it we are located. :confused3

There are dedicated two-bedrooms (one integrated villa with a single front door) and lock-off two-bedrooms (a one-bedroom villa with a connecting door to a studio). By requesting "no lock off rooms" you essentially asked for a dedicated two-bedroom.

The confirmation may or may not have the actual word "dedicated." (The online booking site does not.) If it doesn't specifically say "Lock Off" it is a dedicated.

Ahh, thanks for the explination. I'm still fairly new to this all.

We just returned from an awesome 5 day stay, we were in Paddock, a one-bedroom, on the 4th Floor. We were facing MK direction...and you absolutely can see Wishes. :cool1: I was amazed, and thrilled. We could even see the "low" castle fireworks from our balcony. No sound, of course, but it was super magical all the same.

Some of the other resorts have Kerig type coffee makers with coffee pods. Has SSR been upgraded to this, or still standard drip coffee maker?

Thanks

Hello SSR lovers :)

I am reading this thread to get pumped up for our first trip to SSR at the end of September. I was apprehensive about it at first, but since its a girls only adult weekend for the ToT 10 Miler, I think being so close to DTD will be an awesome thing :)

Hi- It will be our 3rd time in WDW, but 1st time at SSR. 10/31-11/7/12 for DD 5th birthday!! Do they offer late checkout? Our flight was delayed 2hrs. What is the best area to stay in with 2 young kids (6 & 4)? We rented a car, any suggestions? I have read that we should use the buses to/from MK, but to drive to the other parks. Thanks for your help?

Hi- It will be our 3rd time in WDW, but 1st time at SSR. 10/31-11/7/12 for DD 5th birthday!! Do they offer late checkout? Our flight was delayed 2hrs. What is the best area to stay in with 2 young kids (6 & 4)? We rented a car, any suggestions? I have read that we should use the buses to/from MK, but to drive to the other parks. Thanks for your help?
With it still being warm enough for swimming in early November and having two young children along, I would suggest the "Springs" section due to close proximity of the main pool, shopping, and food services. DVC Resorts typically do not offer late check out but you can store your luggage in Bell Services until you depart. As far as transportation, I always vote for the bus service because it drops you off at the main entrance area and you won't have to deal with parking cost. Once you park your vehicle in a parking lot, then you have to take a tram to the main gate. Why deal with the headache when there is free bus service? The bus is quick and convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter