• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Gym - Spa question

freya

Mouseketeer
Hello! Was wondering if there is a steam room and sauna in the gym you can use like there is at AKL?
We won't have spa appointments but would love to have access to a steam room.
Thanks!

Hello! Was wondering if there is a steam room and sauna in the gym you can use like there is at AKL?
We won't have spa appointments but would love to have access to a steam room.
Thanks!
I don't think so. Those are only in the spa area and you have to pay for a spa treatment to use the locker room and associated facilities. All you really get is the exercise equipment.

The spa at SSR is not owned by Disney. A few years ago they started charging a fee to use any of the amenities in the spa (sauna, the showers, even the changing room). I think it was $20 per day but that was several years ago. I don't know if you can still get a day pass or if the price is still the same.

The spa at SSR is not owned by Disney.

This was the case when they stopped allowing resort guests to use the spa facilities some time ago. However, with the new remodel Disney now owns and operates the spa at GF and SSR. To be honest, I have not heard if Disney now allows guest without spa reservations to use the locker area.

Laura

This was the case when they stopped allowing resort guests to use the spa facilities some time ago. However, with the new remodel Disney now owns and operates the spa at GF and SSR. To be honest, I have not heard if Disney now allows guest without spa reservations to use the locker area.

Laura
Thanks for the correction!

Laura
I would think the spa guests would be upset if people who didn't pay to use the small locker room area got it when they were trying to get ready before or after their spa treatment. The jetted tub is pretty small in the locker room. That was part of the problem in the past. Guests who used the pool used the locker room to change, bringing their small children with them into the locker room.

LauraLea is correct in that Disney did take back ownership of their onsite spas at SSR & GF from Nicki Bryan (sp?) back a couple of years or so ago. There is either a steam room or sauna in the women's area at SSR but I agree that those areas are just for spa guests as far as I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter