SSR buildings location

elisaaldrete

Mouseketeer
Hi!
I have some questions. We stayed at SSR on 2005 on a building from Congress Park, very nice view of Downtown Disney.
We are going again on Dec. and I don´t really know which building we should stay. I´ve read about Carrousel, Grandstand... where are those located? When I went I remember Springs, Congress, and Paddock. Are there new buildings? Do you suggest we should stay in one of the newer buildings? Or should I ask for Congress Parck again. I don´t see Carrousel and Grandstand on the resort map, where are they?

Please help me choose, I would like to try a different location.

Thanks!!!!!:goodvibes

Here's the current map.
SSRmap_enhanced.jpg

The most recent section is the Grandstand. The buildings closest to the pool there are now open and the remaining two are due to open May 1 (ok I guess three buildings are open now) and June 1.

The resort is pretty much finished. The landscaping is still young in the Grandstand area, but there are no more giant dirtpaths or Disney Institute buildings as satellite imagery depicts. (Those images are 2-3 years old.)

As for new places to try, it depends what sort of experience you're looking for. Congress Park gives you the view of DTD and closest walking path there. Springs will give you the closest access to the main zero entry pool and food court. Paddocks are spread out along the back and give you views of the large lake in the center of the resort. You can have a building closest to Congress Park, Carousel or a footbridge away from the Springs (where I'd opt to stay probably). Grandstand will give you pool and golf course views. It's a short walk to the Carriage House and resort center which makes it equal to the Springs in location.

The only section the least appetizing is probably the Carousel. But that's mainly because it has no pool or playground of its own. The buildings are quiet and you will have a bus stop, but you'll have to walk about 10 minutes to get to some activity. I think it's best if you have your own car and want a quick entry/exit from the resort. Carousel is the closest section to the gate.

Thanks for the great information!
My family just booked a Grand Villa for the week after Thanksgiving, including Turkey Day! I've never stayed at the SSR and your map and suggestions were very helpful!!

We're headed there too and have never stayed...So is the main pool by the Springs? Does is have a kiddie pool too or a slide. I know all of the other resorts have the main slide pool. The area that overlooks DTD looks neat too though...and I am a shopper so close walk to DTD sounds good to me. :thumbsup2 But taking parents will and they'll complain about the walk to main location. Also, does SS have a counter service restaurant? Which building would it be closest too.

We're headed there too and have never stayed...So is the main pool by the Springs?

Yes.

Does is have a kiddie pool too or a slide. I know all of the other resorts have the main slide pool.

It's called the High Rock Springs pool. It's zero entry so doubles as a good kiddie pool in the shallow end. It has two slides from small kiddie to big main slide. There are also hot tubs, a Donald Duck water play area, and a pool bar there.

The Grandstand has another themed pool but it's main feature is a water play park where the kids can shoot water guns and get soaked.

The area that overlooks DTD looks neat too though...and I am a shopper so close walk to DTD sounds good to me. :thumbsup2 But taking parents will and they'll complain about the walk to main location.

If a 5-10 minute walk is cause for complaint from the folks then don't take them to Disney World. They'll be doing that much just to get from the parking lots to the park gates.

Also, does SS have a counter service restaurant? Which building would it be closest too.

Yes, it's called Artist Palette. It's in the same building as the check-in and sitdown restaurant... the Carriage House. It overlooks the HRS pool. Any building in the Springs is closest to it. Grandstand is a few extra feet away, but is nominal in distance.

Is the pool in the Grandstand area open? I see from the new map that there is supposed to be a pool bar as well. Very cool. Is it open? If the pool/bar are not open, does anyone know when they are scheduled to open? We are scheduled to go "home" next Wed and if these areas are open, I might request Grandstand. TIA!

BTW, I am glad that these areas are coming online. We were there last year at this time and couldn't believe how crowded the main pool and pool bar were. IMHO, I thought the pool area was small, given the size of the resort. I would think this new area opening would help lessen that problem.

The pool area at Grandstand is open. We walked through during the evening
hours, so the bar was closed. Not sure if it is open during the day. They did
have a very large screen with a movie playing. Nice touch!

Cool, thanks Mickey Mouse Lover. What is the size of the pool? Is it more like a themed pool size or more like a quiet pool? TIA!

We just returned from SSR and stayed in room 8147 Grandstand and it was wonderfull, we had the new pool all to ourselfs most of the time, and it was right outside our room and turn left and the bus stop was right there, great location, with less than 5 minute walk to High Rock Springs.:cool1:

We also just returned from a stay at Grandstand in SSR. Loved it!:thumbsup2
It feels quiet and removed, but it's actually located close to everything! It has become our favorite location at SSR. :goodvibes

Do you request certain buildings at check in or call MS ahead of time and request them?

You call MS and request them. The Front Desk tries to match requests but it depends on who's there before you. If it's very busy, you may not get your request even if you arrive at 7am to check-in.

And yes, I'm an owner who wishes they'd allow you to confirm a section in SSR.

In case anyone was wondering, I confirmed that the pool bar is ready to roll. However, it is "seasonal" and if there is a "need", they will open it. They said that they will have people on call to work. I guess we will see what transpires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter