SSB reports back from Dream on ?'s, measurements, costs, PC access, rooms, etc. PICS!

Stupid question, but how do you eat the Shrimp/Cheesecake thing? Is it served with crackers or something for dipping or do you just eat it with a fork?

SSB -- Thanks so much for the great pictures and helpful info.

I have a question that I had not seen addressed yet. What did you think of the round tub in the cat 4 (would be same for cat 8) bathroom? It just looks like an odd size in the pictures that I saw on DCL's website. I know the idea was it would easier for bathing children ... but could an adult even fit in the tub? It just intrigues me the way it seems to "bump out" into the room space by the bed. Are we losing floor space in the main room, but not really gaining usable tub space?

Thanks again!

I have a question that I had not seen addressed yet. What did you think of the round tub in the cat 4 (would be same for cat 8) bathroom? It just looks like an odd size in the pictures that I saw on DCL's website. I know the idea was it would easier for bathing children ... but could an adult even fit in the tub? It just intrigues me the way it seems to "bump out" into the room space by the bed. Are we losing floor space in the main room, but not really gaining usable tub space?

Thanks again!

I'm liking the round tub from a showering perspective. Hopefully no more elbows sticking to the shower curtain! Also LOVE the bench style seat that is built in. But I'm betting most adults won't be able to use it as a tub. SSB...where's your tape measure! :)

There's all you can eat sushi on board??? Woweeeee!!!

At Cabana's did they bring you drinks, or did you have to get them yourself?

Upon embarkation, did you have an option where you wanted to go for lunch?

What was the "salad bar" like on the top deck? (I THINK I saw that on Flo's menu)

OOPS>.. I answered thinking bar area ... for Cabana I think was always self-serve for drinks. Sushi I don't think was there the first day so must be a rotational type thing.

Adding some extra photos here:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Loving reading the report, and the pics!

Did they still have a sauna in the men's locker room, along with the showers? Did they happen to add anything else, like a steam room -- or is the only option in the co-ed area?

There's all you can eat sushi on board??? Woweeeee!!!

At Cabana's did they bring you drinks, or did you have to get them yourself?

Upon embarkation, did you have an option where you wanted to go for lunch?

What was the "salad bar" like on the top deck? (I THINK I saw that on Flo's menu)

OK, I'm not a sushi fan, but someone that is thinking of traveling with us is! So my question....dearest SSB (you are AWESOME for putting up with all of annoying question-askers....) is did Cabana's have the sushi station always available or on some sort of rotation?

Thanks,
The Rogers Family

Stupid question, but how do you eat the Shrimp/Cheesecake thing? Is it served with crackers or something for dipping or do you just eat it with a fork?

Not stupid at all, as surely a unique dish. It was tasty, and just eaten with a fork .. don't recall anything else on plate, etc. Enjoy!

SSB -- Thanks so much for the great pictures and helpful info.

Thanks again!

That one was a surprise for me when entering room. I think that it did give a bit more shower space but to small a tub for an adult (at least for me!) :) It does bow out a bit into the room (you spotted) but the general room still felt a bit larger to me than on the classic ships. Darn, I should have measured! :)

I'm liking the round tub from a showering perspective. Hopefully no more elbows sticking to the shower curtain! Also LOVE the bench style seat that is built in. But I'm betting most adults won't be able to use it as a tub. SSB...where's your tape measure! :)

Good point ... I MISSED measuring that one! Guess that I'll have to return... ;)

Loving reading the report, and the pics!

Did they still have a sauna in the men's locker room, along with the showers? Did they happen to add anything else, like a steam room -- or is the only option in the co-ed area?

Thanks so much!!! I was in there changing a few times and think that the same set up as classic with the sauna and shower's. I like the new method of just picking out locker and assigning your own password (instead of key at desk)

Upper berth pull-down bed is the 'bunk' bed. The Murphy wall bed is in the Cat 4 and 8 staterooms that sleep five people and pulls out of the wall. :thumbsup2

I should have been more clear with my wording. Thank you for clarifying what I meant to say for me.

OK, I'm not a sushi fan, but someone that is thinking of traveling with us is! So my question....dearest SSB (you are AWESOME for putting up with all of annoying question-askers....) is did Cabana's have the sushi station always available or on some sort of rotation?

Thanks,
The Rogers Family

Well, with compliments like that I can answer all day ... ha-ha! I don't think that the sushi station was there the first day, so must be on some type of rotational basis. I thought that it was well done, and did have good amout of traffic from guests. I'd like some now! :)

I should have been more clear with my wording. Thank you for clarifying what I meant to say for me.

No problem...I have to do it for my sister all the time! :lmao: And these days I'm noticing when i go back to a post I made I read it and think, why did my fingers type that, that can't have been what my brain was telling them!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer everyone's questions! Your pictures are awesome!

I saw on one of your first posts that the pirate party is on the second night, did it interfere with whatever live show was playing that night? Can you tell me which shows play on which nights? Thank you!! :worship:

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer everyone's questions! Your pictures are awesome!

I saw on one of your first posts that the pirate party is on the second night, did it interfere with whatever live show was playing that night? Can you tell me which shows play on which nights? Thank you!! :worship:

Good question! Also, I have read that there are 3 shows. How does that work on a 5-night cruise? Are some the shows repeated?

No problem...I have to do it for my sister all the time! :lmao: And these days I'm noticing when i go back to a post I made I read it and think, why did my fingers type that, that can't have been what my brain was telling them!

I think I was not more specific because I was answering the question in post #42 (back on page 3) which had a picture of the Murphy bed up against the wall and the poster asked what cabin category it was. I assumed people reading my response would also have looked at the picture.

Cabins on the Dream that accomodate four people have the standard bed which sleeps two, the sofabed which sleeps one and the bunkbed which pulls down from the ceiling which sleeps one.

The cabins with "family" in their description, like the cabin pictured in post #42add a murphy bed which pulls down from the sidewall and sleeps one.

Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Thanks very much!

Both good questions, but I think my itinerary was maybe an odd one. We had "The Golden Mickeys" the first night, no "show" on the Pirate night, and then "Believe" the third night. Not sure what they'll do on the official itineraries.

Extra shot of Royal Palace:

ry%3D400

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter