Spring/Summer Crockpot recipes?

Suz D

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I love to use my crockpot because it keeps me on budget and keeps me organized. The problem is, most crockpot recipes are so "wintery". Does anyone have any good recipes to share for spring and summer?

Thanks!

I do fajita filling - from crockpot lady - as its equally good for summer (anything not involving ovens and frying pans is good in summer, right?):)

I have a recipe for Carribean Black Bean Chili that is really good.
Most people think its too hard... it's SO NOT hard! If you want it Ill find it....

I usually make things like pulled pork, sloppy joes, or other sandwiches. That way too since our summer schedule is so busy we can eat whenever if need be. Let me know if you want any.

Chicken cacciatore
baked chicken (whole chicken with seasonings, placed on top of aluminum balls)
layered cheese ravioli (with cheese, and sauce. no need to precook the ravioli)
lentil sloppy joes

I use my crock pot more in the summer than winter. It doesn't heat up the kitchen like using the oven does.

I usually make things like pulled pork, sloppy joes, or other sandwiches. That way too since our summer schedule is so busy we can eat whenever if need be. Let me know if you want any.

Ooooh! Always looking for a good pulled pork recipe if you're willing to share :)

Here they are. Enjoy!

Pulled Pork Barbecue

Dry Rub
3 T paprika
1 T garlic powder
1 T brown sugar
1 T dry mustard
3 T Sea salt
5-7 pound pork shoulder or butt roast

Mix dry rub ingredients together and rub over roast. Cover and refridgerate 1 hour or up to overnight

Place in crockpot cook on low about 8 hours or until falling apart.

While pork is still warm pull apart, pour 1/2 of juice over pork and mix so the pork is covered well.

Coca Cola Braised Pork
3 pounds pork shoulder or butt roast
12 ounces Coke (not diet)
1 c barbecue sauce ( I use Sweet Baby Rays)
1/2 - 1 T black pepper

Put pork in crock pot. Pour in coke and barbecue sauce. Grind in fresh pepper.
Cover cook on low 5-6 hours. Remove pork and shred. Seve with BBQ sauce on the side. Great with Onion rolls.

I like this recipe for the crockpot in winter over rice, but in the spring/summer, I just serve it with tortillas and a salad.

Ingredients

* 4-6 boneless chicken breasts

* 1 can black beans

* 1 can corn

* 1 jar salsa, any kind

* 1 package cream cheese (light works fine)

Directions

1.Take 4-6 boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot. (frozen is ok)
2. Add beans, drained, salsa, corn drained.
3.Cook on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
4. Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.

Here they are. Enjoy!

Pulled Pork Barbecue

Dry Rub
3 T paprika
1 T garlic powder
1 T brown sugar
1 T dry mustard
3 T Sea salt

Mix dry rub ingredients together and rub over roast. Cover and refridgerate 1 hour or up to overnight

While pork is still warm pull apart, pour 1/2 of juice over pork and mix so the pork is covered well.

Coca Cola Braised Pork
1/2 - 1 T black pepper

Cover cook on low 5-6 hours. Remove pork and shred. Seve with BBQ sauce on the side. Great with Onion rolls.

I like this recipe for the crockpot in winter over rice, but in the spring/summer, I just serve it with tortillas and a salad.

Ingredients

* 4-6 boneless chicken breasts

* 1 can black beans

* 1 can corn

* 1 jar salsa, any kind

* 1 package cream cheese (light works fine)

Directions

1.Take 4-6 boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot. (frozen is ok)
2. Add beans, drained, salsa, corn drained.
3.Cook on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
4. Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.

Very good recipes I gotta try now!!:thumbsup2

I have a slow cooker cookbook and one of the yummiest recipes is Lemony Roasted Chicken. It's super easy. The Meatball Grinders, BBQ Beef, 3-Cheese Chicken and Noodles, Caribbean Shrimp and Rice, and the Chicken Teriyaki are all good as well. Let me know if you want the recipes. :)

Hey Lulu! Thanks for the recipe. I will make it this summer when Heidi and I are camping. Hugs.

Here they are. Enjoy!

Pulled Pork Barbecue

Dry Rub
3 T paprika
1 T garlic powder
1 T brown sugar
1 T dry mustard
3 T Sea salt

Coca Cola Braised Pork
1/2 - 1 T black pepper

Yummy! :thumbsup2

Few name which I want to share with you are:Slow Cooker Recipes, Barbecue Recipes,Vegetables and Side Dishes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Pork Tenderloin and so on.If you are interested for any of these then please share your suggestions here.I will surely help you with recipes of these food.

Hi,

I love to use my crockpot because it keeps me on budget and keeps me organized. The problem is, most crockpot recipes are so "wintery". Does anyone have any good recipes to share for spring and summer?

Thanks!

The other day while I was in Lowes I saw a book I think it was from Taste of Home and it was summer slow cooker recipes. I cannot remember if it was a full size magazine or one of the smaller recipes that we usually find at the check out counters. In fact that is where it was.

I have copied the wonderful recipes from this thread over into our "Crockpot Crazy" thread so that we have them all in one place. There is an index "stickied" to the top of the forum, in case anyone is interested: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1915122
I have a slow cooker cookbook and one of the yummiest recipes is Lemony Roasted Chicken. It's super easy. The Meatball Grinders, BBQ Beef, 3-Cheese Chicken and Noodles, Caribbean Shrimp and Rice, and the Chicken Teriyaki are all good as well. Let me know if you want the recipes. :)

I didn't see these posted, but would love it if you shared them! They all look good, but I'm especially interested in the Lemony Chicken, Chicken Teriyaki & Caribbean Shrimp ones.

Here they are. Enjoy!

Pulled Pork Barbecue

Dry Rub
3 T paprika
1 T garlic powder
1 T brown sugar
1 T dry mustard
3 T Sea salt

Coca Cola Braised Pork
1/2 - 1 T black pepper

Just wanted to let you know I've tried both of these & they were both GREAT! If I had to pick I think I'd give the edge to the dry rub but like I said, both were very good.

:thanks:

In the summer(or anytime) our family loves this recipe for Hot Chicken Sandwiches.

6 boneless chicken breast
1/2 cup each finely chopped onion & celery
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed

Cook the chicken, onion,celery, soup and stock on low for 6 hours. remove chicken and shred. Add back to liquid in crockpot. Add enough of the crushed crackers to thicken. Serve on rolls.
Very yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter