1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

sports teams, cheerleaders, and bands...how do you know?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by iambrink, Mar 9, 2014.

1. iambrink

iambrink Mouseketeer

Where do people find out about large groups during their Disney stay? is there a website with schedules or is it just word of mouth? I am not really looking to totally avoid such groups, but if it came down to two resorts, it may sway me one way or another!;)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mom2cinderella

mom2cinderella Shut up baby, I know it.

I have a cheerleader and for the Florida competitions, her dad goes with. I don't want to be around a horde of them either.......

You can check the Wide World of Sports website for a calendar of events.

Anyway, the main cheer competitions that I know about are UCA (early March), Worlds (late April) and The Summit (early May). The travel packages are usually for the AllStar Resorts. I thought I read that Varsity's Worlds contract was through 2020 so I assume those competitions won't change for awhile.

I don't know anything about Pop Warner in December.

4. iambrink

iambrink Mouseketeer

Thanks...I am looking at mid October, but those are all dates I would keep in mind just in case.

5. njmom76

njmom76 Mouseketeer

The Cross Country Classic is Columbus Day weekend. DH's team will most likely be staying at AS Sports. Not sure of the crowd size that this draws.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6. gschon

gschon Mouseketeer

Do NFL cheerleaders ever go to WDW?;)

7. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

This is what I use.

https://www.espnwwos.com/events/

Then if I find an event is going to be happening during our stay, I check out that organizations website for details as to where they are staying.

8. AshleeH

AshleeH DIS Veteran

We always go in Mid-October and have never run into cheer groups. That time of year, the only massive groups I see are the Brazilian Tour Groups.

9. iambrink

iambrink Mouseketeer

good to know. thanks!