Sports Simulator

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jockotaco, Jun 11, 2013.

1. jockotaco

jockotaco Mouseketeer

Looking for advice on the sports simulator. The only day available to book is the Castaway Cay day at 3:00. We leave CC at 4:30 so we would get on the ship early. Thinking my almost 3 year old who loves goofy/ mickey and ball sports might get a kick out of it and would most likely be waking up from his nap about this time. Not sure if the other kids (9 and 6) will want to go back to the ship or stay on the island. For $20 I figured what the hell. Anyone use it or thoughts on my logic?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ThePicketts

ThePicketts Mouseketeer

Do it!

4. Disneygirl NY

Disneygirl NY Mouseketeer

The first time we cruised on the Dream in 2011, my boys were 5 and 8 and went in with their cousins who were 10 and 13 and they had a blast, took turns for the whole hour. This past Jan., they were now 7 and 10, and they enjoyed it again. They found it a little difficult with some sports, but they are soccer players and liked that portion of it. For $20, it's a bargain to do something different, but it does get hot in that booth. Not a lot of ventilation.

5. baleeve

baleeve "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I

I booked it for our August cruise. With the heat, I hope I don't regret it.

6. crafty91

crafty91 DIS Veteran

IMO, I wouldn't leave Castaway Cay early for any reason! Certainly not for the sports simulator. Our kids have done it and very much enjoy it but once you are on Castaway Cay I really don't think you are going to want to go back early. I also suspect you can get on a waiting list for other days and times, people book things all the time then cancel so I suspect you can get another day. Also know that the sports simulator is open when you board and unless they have changed its free until sail away. So just board as early as you can and head on up to try it out, very rarely is anyone in there on embarkation day!:thumbsup2

7. Moxin

Moxin Mouseketeer

We did it with a four year old back in November. Hated it. I hope they get rid of it, to be honest. There were two guys in the other booth doing the golf, they left halfway through and asked for a refund because it just wasn't very good.

My daughter enjoyed it for about 15 mins, then got bored as well. It doesn't work all that great, and yeah, it gets hot.