Sports OR CBR

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by lotus1197, Feb 3, 2013.

1. lotus1197

lotus1197 Mouseketeer

I have a trip booked for the end of this month for 4 nights @ Sports, but CBR would only be around $200 more.We have stayed @ Sports before and actually really liked it b/c honestly we are in the parks more than the hotel and the only bus issue we had was going to DTD. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I think CBR makes itself appealing by being a little bit more than the values, but IMHO, I would take any of the values over CBR any day. We, as a family, just did not like CBR. There are some redeeming qualities, such as:
    1) pretty grounds
    2) view of SSE across the lagoon
    3) view of higher fireworks from IllumiNations from some parts of the resort

But, for us, the negatives outweigh that. We had issues with:
    1) the size
    2) maintenance/mousekeeping
    3) multiple internal bus stops

CBR just wasn't for us, and again, I'd chose a value over CBR any day, but there's just as many people who like it. Good luck! :goodvibes

4. JennSaint

JennSaint DIS Veteran

I would take a moderate over a value any day. Did not enjoy our stay at Sports. We had a room right on the football field and there were people playing on it at 1am.

I love the moderates and find them all more peaceful to return to after a day in the parks. Better pools and overall nicer grounds too.

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at a value, but we loved CBR. I think the extra $200 would be worth it for a larger room, double sinks, great pool with a slide, and great bus transportation. There are 4 or 5 internal bus stops at CBR, but we found the buses to be great. CBR is centrally located and we found the transportation to be quick and efficient as it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. We loved everything about CBR and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

6. CerysG

CerysG Mouseketeer

When I was trying to pick a place to stay for our tirp in August I thought about doing a value as it would save us some money but I just wasn't feeling it when I looked at the resorts. I know lots of people love them but they just don't seem to be as nice looking and have the same sort of grounds. Also for us DH doesn't want to have over the top Disney themeing all the time so I think the modes are better that way.
    I think what made me books CBR was the fact that DH said we wasn't going back after this trip as there were to many other places he wanted to travel to instead of Orlando (of course he said that after our frist trip and we are going back). So I'm making this trip count for everything its worth. If were went doing Universal as well I expect I would have stayed at one of the deluxes but everyone wanted to do the Hard Rock Hotel so its our delux stay in Orlando.
    I think you should look at the resorts and see which one gives you a better feeling for you family....you'll know!
    Oh we stayed at PO last time and its a very nice resort as well. I just wanted to try a differnt one. I have waffled between CBR and CS but mostly because of the lack of queen beds but then CS had a big convention on at the time we were going so made CBR an easy choice.:cool1:

7. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

We've stayed at CBR twice and six times at the values. We like the values, haven't had any complaints at all with them. We went with CBR for our upcoming trip because we plan on spending more time at the resort.

Just a note, Downtown Disney transportation has always been the worst for us, no matter where we are staying. We've started driving our own car when we go,there, but that may not be an option for you.

8. jude&jonah

jude&jonah Mouseketeer

For 200.00 I think CBR is so worth it. The grounds feel so much more beautiful and tropical- and like someone above say- I would take a moderate over a value any day too!

9. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I've stayed at both resorts. And if you are only at your resort to sleep, I would honestly stick with the Sports. The beds are the same size at both resorts. The food court at Sports is better, imho. And the fact that the Sports only has one bus stop (and on rare occasions makes 2 other stops) is a huge plus over the 7 stops at CBR.

If you were the type to spend time hanging out at your resort, CBR is great for that. Nice beaches with lovely hammocks. But if you are only going to sleep and catch a quick bite to eat at your resort, Sports is a better choice.

10. lotus1197

lotus1197 Mouseketeer

thanks for all your feedback

11. Magalex

Magalex DIS Veteran

We really enjoy the landscaping & the tropical feeling of CBR. The rooms might not be as updated as some of the other moderate resorts but we always had a clean room & no problems with the housekeeping staff. I wish I can instantly transport myself there right now instead of watching snow fall:goodvibes

12. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

We also have stayed at both. Like a pp has said, if you are only going to use your resort/room as a place to crash and shower, I would keep your ressie at Sports. If you are going to spend ANY time enjoying the resort, I would go with CBR for sure. Here's what you will get a CBR over Sports.

Bigger room
    Double sinks
    2 pool slides
    2 hot tubs
    Multiple covered bus stops
    TS restaurant
    Lush beautiful landscaping
    Boat rentals
    Bike rentals
    Relaxed laid back atmosphere

You can't go wrong with either though!:thumbsup2