Splitting meals to use only 1 credit?

We have done this on several occasions. Just remember that both persons splitting the meal must be on the dining plan. You cannot share with someone not on the plan.

It's allowed as long as both people are actually on the dining plan, and it's not a buffet, or family-style meal. And of course you can always split a counter service meal (many are plenty big for 2 adults...like the ribs/chicken combo meal at Cosmic Ray's in Magic Kingdom...hubby & I often split that one.)

There are a number of dishes and restaurants that would not allow splitting a meal: or example, 2 people cannot split the all-you-care-to-eat skillet meal at Whispering Canyon. At Liberty Tree Tavern, 'Ohana, and Garden Grill, the food is served "family style" so everyone has to pay individually. Same at Buffets...everyone at the table has to pay. And Via Napoli (Epcot/Italy pizza place) will not allow dining plan patrons to split the individual pizza...you have to order a large pizza and that takes two meal credits.

Thanks, you kept me from some errors. I think I can stretch the 4 days of dining to cover 5 days of meals. I did notice that some TS restaurants are buffet or family style, so I'll plan on it not working at those places.

On our last trip, all we had was CS. I did catch on that some of those meals were big enough for 2 people.

You will not be allowed to do this at Via Napoli (for pizza; unknown about non-pizza dishes) and possibly Beaches & Cream - as well as any buffet, family style or fixed price restaurant.

DH & I have shared meals on the DDP. We wanted to eat at Narcossee so we saved up 4 credits so DH could have lobster.

Thanks! I was just wondering this myself and my answer didn't take me very long to find on here!:thumbsup2 We've never done the dining plan before but are considering it for next time with just me and DH. I think we'd still tend to order an app and salad OOP, so I was hoping that splitting the entre/desert would be ok. I also feel that I'd like to try a signature place that we would never go otherwise therefore, want to save up the credits! Thanks DISer's :cool1:

Just an additional thought.. Would splitting be 'ok' at the signature restaurants, assuming there would be apps and drinks ordered? Any experience with this?

We have split at Hollywood Brown Derby, a signature restaurant

Also had success at Beaches and Cream (but we were not on the DDP for Beaches and Cream.)

we shared at brown Derby and had no issues. Sharing is tolerated unless it's a buffet or a restaurant not owned by Disney from what I have been reading over the past 2 years.

Jus another thought to save credits, if you are eating breakfast at non character meals, it's not worth it to use a credit there. If you a breakfast at Kona or something like that, I would pay out of pocket and keep those credit for the signature you want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter