Splitsville or Portabello

groovy~disney

Mouseketeer
We will be heading to the World Oct 17 and are doing Disney Springs on our arrival day and having dinner there. There is 8 in our party, 3 being boys ages 10, 6 and 2. We booked the trip a little late so finding an ADR for our party has been challenging. We were able to grab a res for Portabello initially but I've heard that although good it's a bit overpriced, so I did some more searching and found a Splitsville res. I've heard good things about it and think the atmosphere will hold the boys interest a little better than Portobello. I dropped the Portabello ADR in favor of Splitsville but could probably still get the other. Opinions and/or thoughts?

We ate lunch at Splitsville early this year and it was very good. I agree that kids would likely be more interested in the place too.

Another option might be Raglan Road, which I've heard is very entertaining for kids. If you can't find something through the Disney site, try OpenTable.

I'm also interested in hearing about Splitsville. We typically have a non-park day in the middle of our trip to just relax a bit (it IS vacation after all!) and I was thinking Splitsville might be fun for dinner time fun!

We didnt care for the food at Splitsville. Have you considered TRex? My 15 year old still enjoys going there. :laughing: As do I! You'll never get an ADR if you try online...but if you call, you wont have an issue.

I also agree that Raglan Road is awesome.

Portabello was the worst food I ever had at WDW. We actually sent it back. We ordered the brick oven pizza expecting something similar to Via Napoli. I've had frozen pizza better than what they served us. Maybe it was what we had but it was horrible.

Portabello is nothing to write home about. Any of the TS places mentioned above are much better options. T-Rex is certainly appealing to kids, but it is a chain restaurant and we don't find the food that great or unique. We're spoiled though because we have a Rainforest Cafe in our hometown, and it's the essentially the same. Raglan Road and Splitsville are both good in our experiences.

We had dinner at Splitsville last year and thought it was great. Was hoping to also bowl, but the wait for that would have been another hour. We had a hamburger, one of the Asian bowl dishes, and - I can't remember the other entree - but we were all pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. We will definitely return. Never ate at Portobello, but we've done T-Rex a few times and RFC a ton of times. Excellent theming but nothing there has ever wow'd me foodwise. In terms of food, Splitsville wins hands down.

Thanks for all the input. Think we will stick with Splitsville and give it try.

I love Raglan Road but there are a few in our party that don't care for the cuisine. I get a kick out of going there as we always get a look when we tell them our last name is Ragland (I believe our name was Americanized at some point and the d was added after my ancestors arrived here from Ireland but that is just conjecture).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter