Split Stay - Vero Beach & WDW

jlacobb3

Mouseketeer
We are planning a visit to Vero Beach and WDW on July 24 - 31 or August 1. Based on our plan below, are we allowing enough time at Vero Beach? We will be traveling with our 11 year old daughter.

Vero Beach
Check-In - July 24
Check-Out - July 26

WDW
Check-In - July 26
Check-Out - July 31 or August 1

Thanks,

Lisa

We don't feel we've had enough time at VB unless we are there at least 5 nights. We are a family of 5 - me, DW, DS15, DS13, and DD8. However, we're beach lovers and could live there. I've seen many folks post on here who think 3 days at VB are too many. Different strokes...

We did a split stay at VB and OKW in October. 3 days and 4 days. We liked both resorts; however, 3 days was way too short for VB. DDs 7,5 had never been to the beach, so we thought 3 days may let them see what it was like. We all loved it so much (even with a fire alarm early one morning) that we wished we could have stayed there the whole week. Not only do you have the beach, but the pool and activities there were so much fun.

Just got back from doing 3 nights at VB and 4 at WDW. We found it enough time - BUT - it's a big depends. For one, the weather is a big variable. There isn't much else to do at VB if it rains or gets cold. And it was quite cold while we were there - hardly sitting on the beach weather, so after a couple of days we had our fill. Also, it depends on your own level of enjoyment for the beach and pool. Personally, while I enjoy it for a while, I am not one who enjoys sitting in the sun for hours on end, and while the setting at VB is quite pretty, it's not one of the nicer beaches we've been to in terms of wide swaths of white sand. Very pretty scenically - but not the kind of place I would enjoy sitting around in for prolonged periods of time. Also, found the activities geared more toward younger children and there was not enough to do for our older kids. So I think it really depends how much quiet, down time you want before heading to Disney, which is much more active. I think if you added one more night, it might be just enough to get a true feel of the place. But in case you get stuck with bad weather, it won't be so long that you'll find yourself going stir crazy.

I enjoy VB on the back end of my vacation. I am usually ready for some rest after the rush of WDW. The beach and pool is about the only options for my group there. The rest of them would rather not go to VB at all, too far to places to eat, other activities, etc. I think 3 or 4 nights is long enough unless you really just like the water and peace and quiet. Since you are checking in one day and out two days later, it might not be enough. Check in is at 4 and out is about 11, so you really only have one full day there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter