split stay question

disfan07

DIS Veteran
We are taking my cousin on her first trip to WDW in june and i have a question about split stays.
We really want to take her to a deluxe resort but we are going for 7 nights an dthere is no way we can afford 2 rooms at a deluxe for 7 nights.
We were thinking about doing a value resort for 4 nights and a deluxe for 3 nights. My question is how difficult is it to do a split stay?

There are 4 of us and we will have 2 rooms at both resorts and no car.
We are planning on having a "down day" where we only go to the park for a few hours or just hangin gout at the resort so we figure we would make it that day.
Also, without a car, how do you go about moving luggage? Do we need to get a cab or will disney move it for us?

We've done several split stays without a car. Disney will transfer your luggage to your new resort. I wouldn't make moving day a down day since you will not have your luggage until after 3 or 4 and your room may not be ready until then. What we do is have bell services pickup our luggage then head to a park when we return we checkin go to the room then have bell services bring our luggage.

I just did my first split stay last week. It's not difficult, but it does take some time out of your day. The thing I didn't like the most was having to pack up again mid-trip. But it was worth it to be able to enjoy a few nights at a different resort. If you're planning a down day anyways, I think the split stay is a good idea since you won't be taking away from park time to move resorts.

If you don't want to rely on Disney to move the luggage and not being able to access it, you could just use a taxi for the move.

I would also advise to do the value first and then move to the deluxe.

If you plan ahead split stays are not that big a deal. We don't unpack everything into the dressers anyway, so it makes it easier to pack up. I also bring an extra bag and just pack all the dirty laundry in one and there's not much to do when moving except pack up toiletries. I like split stays because it feels like two vacations in one. It also allows you to experience different resorts. Finally, I would much rather have part of the vacation at a deluxe resort, so a split stay with a value means I can afford that deluxe resort too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter