Split stay for Spring Break -- suggestions?

erincon23

<font color=blue>Everyone must have gotten a life
We're considering going over spring break next year -- DS16 will be going with the high school choir until the Wednesday of the week, so for the first half of the week it will be just me and DH; then we'll pick him up and stay until Saturday or Sunday (Sunday is Easter, but my Mom and Dad will be an hour away from Orlando). DH doesn't quite get the appeal of spending more to stay at a moderate (nicer) resort, and I've stayed at Pop several times, but I think that's where we'll end up for the first half (unless I can talk him into Port Orleans FQ).

The problem is where do we stay once we pick up DS -- there's no way we would all fit at Pop -- unless we get a king, DH and I will be sleeping in separate beds (another good argument for a moderate!), and I'm not paying for two rooms. I think a better bet would be to stay off-site (we'll have a car, and will likely go to Universal and maybe another non-Disney location), but since we've only ever stayed at timeshares, I don't know what would be fairly nice but not too expensive, and still accommodate 3 people (two queen beds? maybe a microwave and fridge?). Suggestions?

Maybe the AoA suites? They fit up to 6 and have a kitchenette w/ a microwave/fridge.. They look very nice and reviews on them are great. They are also right next to POP!

Good Luck! :)

Sorry if I wasn't clear -- looking for something off site and WAY cheaper than the AoA suites! It would be great to be able to stay there, but it's mucho out of our budget.

Sorry if I wasn't clear -- looking for something off site and WAY cheaper than the AoA suites! It would be great to be able to stay there, but it's mucho out of our budget.

Oh! I'm sorry - must have misunderstood it. Maybe Dolphin/Swan?? I'm not oo sure about their price and room ammenities. Other then that i'm not very sure about off site resorts. I know there are a lot if the DTD area (I think a Mariot, Hilton, ect...)

Good Luck finding a resort and have a great trip!!

Have you looked into renting points? I have never done it, but those that do so it is wonderful and cheap. And they had kitchens/kitchenettes.

Thanks, Minnie! I looked for something like that before I posted here, but I must have been really tired and missed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter