Spirit of America Mid Atlantic tour

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by Stepht5, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Stepht5

Stepht5 Just trying to make it to our next Disney vacation

Anyone else going on this tour???

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Stepht5

We (myself, 16dd & 9ds) are booked for the August 14th tour!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

4. dingoballs

dingoballs Mouseketeer

Yes, my sister and I are booked on the August 14th tour also. We're looking forward to the trip and meeting you guys...

Allen

5. Stepht5

That's great!!!!

This will be our first ABD -- we hope to do one of the European ones in 2008 when our youngest is a little older - she's 5 now.

Dh is staying home with our youngest for this trip. ;)

He's been to the places that we are going but, the kids and I haven't so... I changed our History plans for this year from Anceint to Early American! :rotfl: (we homeschool)

6. dingoballs

dingoballs Mouseketeer

This will be our first ABD as well, but we've already booked the Southwest Splendors tour in September (to take advantage of the early booking discounts).

What a great field trip for your kids. All that history AND Disney magic rolled into one!

I tried to post our pic but it's too big and I can't figure out how to reduce the size. Do you know how?

7. Stepht5

On Photobucket.com you can choose from different sizes for posting photos. :)

8. Stepht5

We've done alot of travel through the Southwest and LOVE it! We used to do 3wk long car trips through those areas. :)

If our 23dd wasn't getting married in Oct '07 I would book another ABD for 2007.... But, i know that DH will want to do at least one DCL trip in 2007 (we've done 2 in 2006!) and we want to fit in WDW at least once....
    Plus we have other *have to * trips --- Family reunion, etc...

Dh & our 23dd are going to Hong Kong Disneyland in March. DH went this past March, also.

9. dingoballs

dingoballs Mouseketeer

Wow, you guys sure travel quite a bit. We've only been to WDW, altho we've thought about doing a DCL. We have another trip planned to WDW in June 2007. How is Hong Kong Disneyland?

Thanks for the tip about photobucket. I tried resizing various pics every which way but Disboards says they're still too big to upload.... :sad2:

By the way, who are the people in your pic?

10. Stepht5

We LOVE to travel! We used to travel on the real cheap -- I would plan our 2 -3 wk long car trips around dh's business trips and then the company would pay the gas and a few nights of the hotel. ;)
    HK Disney is much smaller and the castle is ...short. :teeth: I'll try to post a couple of pics later -- I'll have to transfer them to photobucket first....

DCL is WONDERful!!!! If dh had his choice we would never leave the ship! LOL!

You may not have enough posts on the Dis to be able to post photos.... I think you have to have 10 post or so...

The people are US! Dh & I plus our 5 children. We've been married for 27 yrs and our children range in age from 26ds, 23dd, 15dd, 8ds & 5dd. The pic is from the Sept 10nt Southern on Pirate night! :)

11. dingoballs

dingoballs Mouseketeer

Yes, I'd love to see those HK DL pics... You have a lovely family. So for this trip, it's just you and your 15dd & 8ds who's going?

Which 2 DCL did you guys do this year?

By the way, what's your name?

Allen

12. Stepht5

Thank you! And, yes. We think our 5dd (she would be 6 in july) is too small (she is really small for her age -- the size of an average 3yr) to walk as much as would be needed. If she was a little bigger we would have booked one of the Italy trips. :)

We did a 3nt DCL in February and the 10nt Southern in Sept -- which was FANTASTIC! :thumbsup2

My name is Stephanie. :goodvibes

Nice to meet you, Allen!

13. dingoballs

dingoballs Mouseketeer

It's nice meeting you as well, Stephanie :)

I was checking out the DCL website and didn't see a "Southern" cruise. Where did that cruise take you guys?

Allen

14. Stepht5

This past September DCL had two *special* cruises the 10nt Southern & the 11nt Southern. They are not one of their regular cruises.

We went to St Lucia, St Thomas, Barbados, Antigua and of course... Castaway Cay!!!

15. dingoballs

dingoballs Mouseketeer

Well, isn't that.... special . :dance3:
    How much did the 10nt Southern cost?

So do you guys have any plans to visit WDW before our AbD trip?

Allen

16. Stepht5

We were fortunate enough to be able to book a Catagory 1 - the Roy Suite - for dh, mysel and our 3 youngest children. We booked a Cat 8 for our two oldest (they are 26 & 23). We booked a year in advance and I have no idea how much the booking cost. :) We had 7 round trip airfares inthere, also! LOL!

There were some *specials* that included a $500 stateroom credit for some bookings.

We are trying to decide when we will be able to fit a trip or two to WDW in our schedules this year. Our 23dd is getting married in 2007, also.

Suites do not get *specials* or *discounts*.

September is usually one of the cheaper months to sail -- hurricanes!. :rotfl:

17. dingoballs

dingoballs Mouseketeer

I can imagine how fantastic that 10nt Southern cruise must have been... I was checking out the DCL website again and the suites look absolutely incredible!

We'll be visiting WDW from June 3 to 10, 2007 and staying at the Grand Floridian Resort. It would be wonderful if you guys can make it there during that period and we can meet before our AbD trip. :yay:

18. Stepht5

That would be during DH's b-day and he might be convinced. ;) The GF is where we've stayed at this past year (twice in the Sugar Loaf building).

I have several friends - that we met on the 10nt cruise meets board - that are going to be there over Labor Day weekend... And we are thinking about making a trip then, also -- I know that is right after our ABD..... :teeth:

The only hting holding up making the reservations for more WDW trips is the fact that we have several *have to* vacations this summer plus a dd that is getting married int he Fall.....

It would be very nice to meet ahead of time!

19. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

Hi to one and all....

This thread seems to have strayed a bit from the topic of Adventures by Disney,

Maybe it's time to make this a private conversation or move to this to another forum.

Thanks for being understanding.... :)

Kevin

20. Stepht5

I totally understand. Is there going to be a *Meets* area like there is on the cruise forum?
    It is really fun and interesting to get to know people ahead of time.
    That is one of the things that I am looking for in an ABD forum.

Thank you!

21. dingoballs

dingoballs Mouseketeer

I agree. :surfweb: