Spirit of Aloha - yes or no?

Has anyone done SOA in December?
Looking at Saturday December 17
Would be myself, DH , DD 12 and DD 9.
Are there heaters? Thinking of doing it our last full night early show category 2 ( on Dlx dining plan ) and then doing MK after open till 10.
Any thoughts?

I've heard mixed reviews about SOA and its appeal to kids, so I crossed it off our dining list. But we're now staying at Poly so the interest is kind of coming back for me. How is it for a 4&5 year old? Will it hold their interest throughout?

Wasn't worth it for dh, ds & I. The food was so-so, we don't drink, the show was just ok. This was several years ago though.

Just seemed really pricey, plus was not happy with the seating - again, this may be different now - not sure. I'm a petite person and my view was limited.

wondering... if our flight lands at 7:00pm in MCO, would we make the 8:15 show, if we arranged for transportation straight from airport to poly? How does that work since you have to pick up tickets in advance of the show? That part seems pretty archaic to me that you have to get your tickets in person. TIA!

wondering... if our flight lands at 7:00pm in MCO, would we make the 8:15 show, if we arranged for transportation straight from airport to poly? How does that work since you have to pick up tickets in advance of the show? That part seems pretty archaic to me that you have to get your tickets in person. TIA!

It takes about 20 minutes to unload the airplane & walk to the luggage area. Plus, you have to wait for you luggage. Then, another 45 minutes to drive to the hotel and you'll probably want to check-in to the hotel before dinner. Even with all of the stars aligned, you won't make it in time.
ETA: The "picking up your tickets" part is really just a check-in at the podium, like any other Disney dining reservation.

I would totally recommend!! I would go with tier 1 seating, as the view of the show is second to none! The show is wonderful, but the food is even better! You get three huge platters to share with your table. Appetizer, main course, dessert, which are all amazing. The atmosphere is wonderful, too! Being at the Polynesian adds to the experience!

We are staying at the Poly in 16 days and can't wait to try this. I have it booked for the 19th, tier 1 seating. I cannot wait to try it out!!

No. Sorry!

Has anyone done SOA in December?
Looking at Saturday December 17
Would be myself, DH , DD 12 and DD 9.
Are there heaters? Thinking of doing it our last full night early show category 2 ( on Dlx dining plan ) and then doing MK after open till 10.
Any thoughts?

We took friends to the second show on their arrival night (Christmas Night!) - so it was four adults, and one kiddo (an 8yo girl). So, they basically went from 45 degrees and ice here in Texas to 80 degrees and balmy under the palapa at the Luau.

It was a GREAT start to their trip - they even still talk about it! The food was great (the other wife and the daughter are picky eaters, and they were both wow'd by the food), the constant refreshing of drinks was outstanding and the 8yo loved the show and being able to participate in a dance portion.

Well worth it, in my opinion. In fact - if someone wants to send me some of those cold noodles and pineapple pulled pork, I wouldn't be mad. ;)

How yucky does it feel in September? Assuming we dodge the evening rain, do they have fans or anything or is it sticky and muggy since it is open air seating?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter