Spinoff of the Special Snowflake Thread - Your Biggest Parenting Regret (Babies)

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Christine, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wvjules

wvjules DIS Veteran

There are some real froot loops here.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

I've just been lurking, but now you are really going to extremes - cursing the moderator? For real? :confused3

This really makes a person seem truly unbalanced. To really ignore (if this *was* your intent) is to simply *stop* posting when you said you were, more than once, if I recall. Just don't keep :stir:. You are just digging a deeper pit :sad2:

4. Granny square

Granny square Always planning a trip!

Lol, the biggest snowflake here is your husband who uses your child for comfort. I wouldn't worry about what goes in in bed of others. I could go nurse my baby and come back to a nice big bed for people who wanted comfort and time with one another and not some some grade school kid.

But then again my husband made time during daylight hours to spend time with our boys.

5. Scurvy

Scurvy Kungaloosh!

It strikes me as funny that you are named DisneyATlast and yet you are calling people who wear Mickey ears fruit loops. :rotfl: As a member of a Disney board, and with a name like yours, I'd think you were a Disney fan just like all the ear wearing folks.

You know the fact that you have an account doesn't mean you are required to post, don't you? Why not just walk away instead of trying to get banned?

You are obviously bothered by the fact that so many people find your situation abnormal. I hope that once your initial anger has subsided, you are able to look at the situation clearly and consider whether it really is as healthy as you seem to think it is. I don't think someone would react the way you are if they were truly as comfortable with the situation as you claim to be. Your reaction just seems too much like the old "The lady doth protest too much" scenario to me.

6. Soldier's*Sweeties

Soldier's*Sweeties DIS Veteran

Nice

7. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

I am still confused. :confused: I must be having a slow day. Too me it sounds like a dig at SAHMs.

8. Soldier's*Sweeties

Soldier's*Sweeties DIS Veteran

She's YAGEing(is that a word??? Lol)

I call trouble maker from the beginning.

9. 2disneyboys

2disneyboys DIS Veteran

Back ON topic...

my biggest parenting regret (and I know I'll have more as my kids are only 9 and 12) is that I didn't try pumping with my 1st baby. I tried to BF, and that didn't work out (not getting into why) and I just went right to formula. With my 2nd, I tried BF again, again, didn't work out, so I rented a hospital grade pump, and pumped and pumped and pumped.. I went back to work when DS2 was 6 weeks old. At that point I only pumped in the evenings & on weekends. I didn't pump during the day at all. But because of pumping & freezing, my DS2 was exclusive breast milk until he was almost 8 months old. At that point, supply was pretty much gone so he finished the year w/ breast milk & formula supplemented. I wish I had pumped w/ my first.

I also wish I had not spent so much money on bunches of useless stuff that they never used or never played with. ;)

I do agree w/ previous posters though... I think we are all just parents doing the best we can at the time based on the information and resources available to us. with this in mind, I don't "really" regret anything.

10. crashbb

crashbb DIS Veteran

And you are posting on a Disney message board, why?

Now, I've never work Mickey ears (or, as an adult, anything with a character on it), but I'd be a hypocrite if I made comments like you are making while on a Disney message board.

11. Granny square

Lol, really? Have you read your posts ragging inn all who make different choices than you? If so then you would understand my amusement. Lol, or obsession. :). As far as miserable? Not quite.

12. StitchesGr8Fan

StitchesGr8Fan DIS Veteran

I think at this point it is just for shock value.

Why, oh why, won't a moderator close this thread?

13. JennaDeeDooDah

JennaDeeDooDah My oh my what a wonderful day!

"To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."
    —Walter E. Disney

I guess someone forgot to tell ol' Walt your theory.

I'm calling bovine fecal mattter. I don't recall every one of her posts but I don't remember her ever deliberately causing problems.

14. JennaDeeDooDah

See, the thing is, you say things like this and like you did about Soldiers Sweeties and then you wonder why the mods give you points for personal attacks. Most of the responses to your posts were not malicious. They were the words of truly concerned posters. Instead of taking their advice or just letting it go in one ear and out the other, you chose to fight back. Clearly, the mods felt that some of your responses were out of line. Then, you said that you were going to ignore this thread, but you haven't. You continue to attack posters, insult just about ever adult on this board with your comment about Disney being for kids (on a disney message board, nonetheless) and wonder why people say that they think you are a troll and a pot stirrer. It is my advice that you take a step back. Clearly you are letting this board get your emotions up to the point that you are attacking posters and are not posting 100% composed. Maybe take some time, go for a walk, get a drink of water, and then come back to the board. But stay off of this thread as it clearly only angers you and brings up negative emotions. Who has time for that?

15. Wishing on a star

Wishing on a star DIS Veteran

I will jump in here....
    I am with those who say that just reading this one posters situation ( if it is not just fabricated BS ), and how they are attempting to defend it... just really almost makes me sick to my stomach. There just is no normal, healthy, reasonable justification that I can begin to come up with. Not in the case of either of the two children involved.

16. luvsJack

luvsJack DIS Veteran

And could your opinion be skewed by the events of your day yesterday? Yes.

I don't know the pp either. And she has definitely gone off on a tangent of attacking people here--BUT, you all have just accused her husband of being a child molester. How did you expect her to react? "oh, thanks for the info, I'll look into that" Seriously?

I have no doubt that there are many parents that regret not seeing the signs when they were there. But, there are just as many spouses who will defend their spouse against an online witch hunt too--and they don't have their head in the sand; they know exactly what is going on.

She is right about one thing though. Posters can and do put words in posts that are not there, assume too much and make accusations. It has happened to me more than once. Not too long ago I started a thread about neglect and in that thread I described the actions of a mother and a father with respect to their children. One poster immediately said something about a "red flag" in effect to the the relationship between the father and the older child. There was no red flag because she put words in my mouth and misunderstood what I said.

You cannot make these observations via one post made by a strangers on the internet. Its not fair.

What if she went off the deep end because of something you (general you) said and divorced her husband, ran off with her kids and pressed charges against him for hurting her children and then find out all along that her husband was not doing anything wrong at all. Would it be ok to ruin this poster's life simply because you "were trying to protect a child"?

17. NHdisneylover

NHdisneylover DIS Veteran

I am starting to regret clarifying the age at which my child might have cooked dinner at a friend's house to someone who seemed to think she was not a child at the time (thus using "child") :lmao:

I already posted what I regret from the baby years. My bigger regrets were later on.

I regret I did not push harder and get help for my son sooner when I believed he had dyslexia and other LDs but was still able to keep up in the lower grades so the schools were not concerned.

I regret that I thought things were "normal teen" amounts of upset, anxiety, etc for too long and then we had passed the brink of easily helped and moved into serious anxiety, all the while my poor child was desperately frightened and depressed and feeling so alone--and i did not see it soon enough. I cannot begin to express how deeply I regret that.

I also deeply regret allowing my in laws to take my daughter on a trip without my son. He was, and is to the day, deeply hurt by being left out. It is a long story, but the trip involved ALL the other grandkids (my son is only 6 weeks younger than the other boy and in the middle age-wise). We were told there was a limit to the number allowed on the houseboat and he would be included the next year while someone else missed. It turned out they were lying about the limit and the friend who owned the houseboat invited them on the condition that they not bring my son because he felt my son did not talk to him enough the one time he met my son (at age 8). I'm guessing it is actually because my son had nail polish on that day:rolleyes2

18. JennaDeeDooDah

Oh my goodness. Reading this post made me just want to reach through the screen and hug you. Hang in there. :hug:

19. Granny square

Really? If someone were to do that they would either have already had concerns or be whacked. Either way it is their own problem. It would be like suggesting that poster would be responsible if some new mom took her nastiness from yesterday'a thread about not attending to crying babies and something happened to the baby. We are responsible for our own lives and choices.

Not rocket science.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.