• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spinoff of liquor question

Singlemalt

Usually lurking
Hi All:
We're on a land/sea package coming up soon and we're taking all the disney transportation options (airport=>resort, resort=>port etc.). I would like to get to a store during our resort stay to buy a case of water and a bottle of scotch to take on the cruise. :drinking1

Are there any stores that sell that near POFQ? (I'm assuming not) How best would I go about making that purchase considering I won't have a car at my disposal? Rent a cab and tell him to keep the meter running while I go into the store? Is there a bus that takes me anywhere near shopping of this nature?

Thanks in advance for your help

I know there is a Goodings supermarket (not sure if it sells scotch) right outside the gates of Downtown Disney.....you have to pass all official, though non-Disney hotels in the downtown disney area.

I guess you could get a cab.

BTW...we just stayed at POFQ 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it very much!

We made a taxi run in May for liquor from Saratoga Springs. We used a taxi and just had him wait for us with the meter running at the liquor store. I think total with tip was less than $20 round trip.

I'm pretty sure you'd be better off buying a bottle on board...isn't it a lot cheaper?

ETA: That doesn't really help you with the water though.

meagan9848 said:
I'm pretty sure you'd be better off buying a bottle on board...isn't it a lot cheaper?

ETA: That doesn't really help you with the water though.

From what I've read if you buy the bottle on board you don't get it until you leave the ship.

In addition, if their prices are anything like Walt Disney World the liquor prices are highway robbery. :eek: :scared1:

You have to buy real alcohol at the liquor store. They only sell beer and wine at the grocery store. I think we went to ABC liquors somewhere fairly near to sweet Shirley's place in Port Canaveral.

OK so easiest way to get to a store is:

Bus it to Downtown Disney (or go via the boat) then walk (about 10-15 mins) to Crossroads. Here there is a Goodings where you can get beers and wine. There is also a small (and by small I mean very very tiny) off liscense that sells spirits (not very cheap). Then you can get a taxi back from there (go in to Goodings and ask at their customer service desk if they could order you a taxi.

Another option if you are not knackered at this point, is to walk down the road for about another 10-15 minutes. You should walk down towards Dennys (which as you come out of crossroads is to the right. If you go under the I4 you have gone the wrong way. A little way down this road you reach Pizza Hut. Go on past this (staying on that side of the road, and you should at some point notice a little shopping plaza. In here is an ABC and next to it is a Winnie Dixie.

If you are going to get a taxi I would go down to this one. Ask to go to Winnie Dixie and they should take you to that one. If he asks where it is say you head towards Crossroads and then head down to the left past Denny's and Pizza Hut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter