SPIDERS...Why did it have to be....SPIDERS

Queenofallthings

DIS Veteran

Hi everyone ;)

We arrived home this morning from 2 glorious weeks .... well it wasn't all glorious....but we're home and have lots of stories and pictures to share with everyone....we had the time of our lives....we made the best of bad situations.....sometimes we were just plain grumpy....and we'll include everything!!

For those of you who know us...thanks for coming along on our TR:hug: For those who don't know us yet, we'll feel like old friends in no time. Let me introduce ourselves to you.....

Snapshot_2010012301_4-1.jpg

This is my Jasmine....I can hardly believe she is turning 18 at the end of the month...I'm definitely not ready for her going to clubs....our legal age here is 18 :scared1:

348.jpg

....and me, Queenofallthings...and yes that's a Grey Goose Slushie in my hand:lmao:I do enjoy these little glasses of heavenly goodness:rolleyes1

On with the TR! You cannot start a vacation without a good pedicure...well I can't at least! I do enjoy me a good pedi....and a coffee! Jasmine and I went and had our pedi's before leaving and Jasmine also was in desperate need of a haircut so off we went
003.jpg

I do not know what came over me but I completely forgot to get a picture of Jasmine getting her pedicure....I think maybe I was talking to our lady a little too much:rolleyes1 but here is the finished products.....we both got a color from the new OPI Suisse line....I got Yodal me on my cell and Jasmine got Ski Teal you Drop....ya gotta love a job where you get to name nail polish!!!

004.jpg

I worked on Thursday Sep 16 until 5pm and then it was rush rush rush all evening! I thought leaving a lot until the very end would make the evening fly by....well it did, but man was I stressing! I pulled the suitcases out of the spare room and set them up in the living room! The kids had run out for something at this point but I can't for the life of me think what it was!

I had decided I was going to bed at 9pm and setting the alarm for 3am. Jasmine thought sleeping was a good idea too....Aladdin thought he would stay up all night playing video games....let's just say he was tucked into the spare room before I went to bed~Jasmine helped me finish a couple of last minute things and her and I were off too!
002.jpg

Our flight was scheduled to leave at 630am so we were at the airport by 430am....good lord those flights are getting harder and harder to make! Aladdin didn't come in with us, we were clearly customs in Winnipeg so it was going to take a little longer and we thought there was no use in paying for parking for the 20 minutes he would be spending with us! Here is a pic of Jasmine having her breakfast at Tim Horton's before we boarded!
003-1.jpg

Now, for those of you that have read previous TR's know that neither Jasmine or I are the best flyer's! She was not very happy that we were taking a "little" plane to Minneapolis before changing to a larger jet for the remainder of our trip! I am happy to report the flight was perfect, she declared she loves the "little" jets....she is the sole reason I have to dye my hair every six weeks! She managed to get this shot as we deplaned in Minneapolis!

006.jpg

We had no troubles finding where we were going in Minneapolis, we even stopped at Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte for me and a black tea lemonade for Jasmine! From Minneapolis to Orlando, Jasmine and I were not able to get seats together, but we were lucky enough that I was sitting right in front of her and we both got window seats! Our flight was amazingly smooth, I managed to sleep for about an hour, and before we knew it we were in Orlando....Jasmine had the camera and never took it out of the bag until we were on here......
007.jpg

Nothing like arriving at MCO.....the larger plane in the distance was our plane for the last leg of our journey!
009.jpg

010.jpg

Although we wouldn't get to Universal on this trip we're sure hoping to on our next one, but Jasmine had to grab this picture!
011.jpg

We headed straight for ME and were shocked to see no one in line....bonus!! We looked at this as a good omen for our trip.....
014.jpg

I think we waited about 10 minutes before we pulled out and before we knew it we were entering our happy place!!!
016.jpg

Our first sighting of a Disney bus....this is our major mode of transportation for our trips as we never rent a car.
019.jpg

Our little security hut as you enter the All Star Resorts!
020.jpg

The sign that really screams "welcome home" to us....we do love this resort, it's not fancy, but we love it!
021.jpg

Jasmine took this picture of the lobby while I was checking in....I wasn't able to use Online Check in because it kept telling me I had to be 18 to utilize the service.....weird. Check in was great and our room was ready which is always a bonus so we were off!
023.jpg

Here's a shot of Jasmine in our room....we were in the Jazz Building room 2421 on the ground floor....this would prove to haunt me on the trip!
026.jpg

We decided we would change into our bathing suits and hit the pool before our luggage arrived and we headed to DTD for dinner.........well this is the sight that greated me after I changed....she was out like a light. I let her sleep...our luggage arrived at 4pm on the nose, so while Jasmine caught up on her sleep, I cleaned the room (yes I do it everytime) and put everything in it's place and once I was completely finished...I woke her up!

UP NEXT......DTD!!!!

I'm here!!! Sounds like a good start!! I'm glad to hear the flights were uneventful! Wonder why the room location would haunt you later on..hm.....

I'm in...can't wait to follow along on your adventures together!

And you give me hope: my DD is 10 and still loves all things Disney but I worry how long that will last? We are leaving in 18 days for the first ever Mom/daughter only trip ('cause the "menfolk" decided they would rather stay home and hunt...good thing we don't rely on them to sustain us all winter...we would starve for sure!!:rotfl:)

Anyway, glad to see a report with a mom and an "almost legal" DD. Gives me something to pass the time until we head south!!:goodvibes

Oh, one quick question: the last leg of our flight down is Delta out of MSP too. Did you initially have seats booked together and were bumped at arrival? Just curious:)

And you give me hope: my DD is 10 and still loves all things Disney but I worry how long that will last? We are leaving in 18 days for the first ever Mom/daughter only trip ('cause the "menfolk" decided they would rather stay home and hunt...good thing we don't rely on them to sustain us all winter...we would starve for sure!!:rotfl:)

Anyway, glad to see a report with a mom and an "almost legal" DD. Gives me something to pass the time until we head south!!:goodvibes

Oh, one quick question: the last leg of our flight down is Delta out of MSP too. Did you initially have seats booked together and were bumped at arrival? Just curious:)

Not to hijack the TR but you can have 2 more to add to the hope list! My parents took my brother and I to WDW every other year since we were 3 and 1 (now 25 and 23) and we never got sick of it. I ended up working down there doing internships for a year and 1/2 and my goal is to go back and work seasonally and teach in the area! My brother is currently working there at Test Track with the college program so even for a boy it didn't change! The only thing that I can think of that we got sick during the tween/teen years were some of the parades and shows. We would rather ride the thrill rides than watch the parades or shows. That since has changed but other than that, we never lost the magic!!

I'm here!!! Sounds like a good start!! I'm glad to hear the flights were uneventful! Wonder why the room location would haunt you later on..hm.....

Yay, so glad you're here! It comes about halfway through our trip.....

WELCOME....you guys are going to have so much fun! No, we were never sitting together, by the time I went on to book our seats there were very few left! I procrastinated a little too long on that lol

Yay, I made the first page!!! :woohoo:

YIPEEE you're here!!!!

Waste no time in getting started. Nice picture of the slushie; I wish I had one on my birthday but I was driving back from a quick trip to PEI. Lovely weekend, got in some golf but no slushies.

Looking forward to reading the rest.

Not to hijack the TR but you can have 2 more to add to the hope list! My parents took my brother and I to WDW every other year since we were 3 and 1 (now 25 and 23) and we never got sick of it. I ended up working down there doing internships for a year and 1/2 and my goal is to go back and work seasonally and teach in the area! My brother is currently working there at Test Track with the college program so even for a boy it didn't change! The only thing that I can think of that we got sick during the tween/teen years were some of the parades and shows. We would rather ride the thrill rides than watch the parades or shows. That since has changed but other than that, we never lost the magic!!

SORRY QUEEN: going off topic here but:

Yes, yes...the CP...there is hope!! Both my kids talk about enrolling in the CP down the road but you never know what direction life will take them.:confused3 I plan to "retire" to FL someday and perhaps will live/work in Orlando if the cost of living doesn't kill me. My DH says as long as he can can golf, he'll follow me anywhere:goodvibes Part of me thinks that working at WDW would make me a favorite grandma (free passes and all!)...and yet my kids are only 10 and 13! Better slow it down a bit, huh?

So glad to hear the magic still continues for you and your brother...

SORRY...BACK TO YOUR REGULAR SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING NOW!!;)

I love your ambition--already Day 1 is started! I am so excited to hear about your adventure!! popcorn:: You entitled that first post - Spiders... so I am guessing you had company on the first floor?! I am just glad it was not bedbugs!! hehe

Great pictures; I see where Jasmine gets her photogenic nature from!

Hey Queen! So glad to see another TR from you and Jasmine! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Love all that pre-trip excitement you described, and the feelings of anticipation driving closer to the resort on the ME.

And too funny Disney seems to think that there are two 17 yr olds on this trip!:rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Love the Indy reference in yout title and love a mom and daughter who have fun together.

Whooo Hooo, you started!!! Can't wait to read along! You guys were so much fun to meet and hang out with!!

Happy to be on board for your TR. The pics are great - and I can hardly wait to hear all the good (and the bad - always appreciate people sharing). :surfweb:

:woohoo: you've started!

Glad the plane rides went smoothly!

Were the AllStar rooms recently redone? It looks different to me or else maybe I've never seen a room at ASMu :confused3 Anyway, it looks cute :)

Looking forward to more!

Yay new TR :woohoo:

Jasmine looks so pretty in that picture!

:lmao: love the pic of you with the GG slushie! Every time my mom and I would talk about meeting you next year we always say you and my dad have to get GG slushies together :laughing:

Yay Tim Horton's! I had them just the other day! Their new apple cider doughnuts are delicious!

Cute blue toenails! :cutie:

I am glad the small flight went well!

We are seriously so alike! I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Walking around campus with one in my hand is like the epitome of fall for me :laughing:

I am glad the flight to Orlando went well also!

Sounds like a nice arrival!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!

Waste no time in getting started. Nice picture of the slushie; I wish I had one on my birthday but I was driving back from a quick trip to PEI. Lovely weekend, got in some golf but no slushies.

Looking forward to reading the rest.

Thanks:goodvibes it was quite delicious! Ahhhh PEI, one of the beautiful places on earth!!:cloud9:

I love your ambition--already Day 1 is started! I am so excited to hear about your adventure!! popcorn:: You entitled that first post - Spiders... so I am guessing you had company on the first floor?! I am just glad it was not bedbugs!! hehe

Great pictures; I see where Jasmine gets her photogenic nature from!

Hi Debby!

After 2 weeks of being together all the time Jasmine decided it was time for a night out so while I was doing the laundry, I decided I might as well start, for some unknown reason I wasn't tired at all:confused:

No it was not bedbugs thank god.....I always check for those as soon as we walk in...nasty little creatures aren't they:scared1:

Thank you for the sweet compliment....it's hit and miss with me, she always seems to take a good pic though:confused3

Hey Queen! So glad to see another TR from you and Jasmine! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Love all that pre-trip excitement you described, and the feelings of anticipation driving closer to the resort on the ME.

And too funny Disney seems to think that there are two 17 yr olds on this trip!:rotfl:

Hey, so glad you're here!

I had to finally just laugh it off....I must have tried at least a dozen times from work and home, but hope, kept telling me I had to be 18....oh to be 18 again:eek:

I'm here!

I can't wait to hear all about your adventures:goodvibes

I'm so happy you're here:goodvibes

How was your trip? Did you love it?

:thumbsup2 Love the Indy reference in yout title and love a mom and daughter who have fun together.

Thanks so much....we do enjoy ourselves!!

Whooo Hooo, you started!!! Can't wait to read along! You guys were so much fun to meet and hang out with!!

Hi Mary :goodvibes

The feeling was definitely mutual....we had a blast with you guys....Jasmine was telling Aladdin all about the girls.....so cute:cutie:

Happy to be on board for your TR. The pics are great - and I can hardly wait to hear all the good (and the bad - always appreciate people sharing). :surfweb:

Glad to have you:cool1:

Yes unfortunately this trip was not all roses and sunshine....but it wasn't horrid either....I guess if you have to say it was a nice mix ... it was a mix maybe would be better:rolleyes1

:woohoo: you've started!

Glad the plane rides went smoothly!

Were the AllStar rooms recently redone? It looks different to me or else maybe I've never seen a room at ASMu :confused3 Anyway, it looks cute :)

Looking forward to more!

Hi Dawn!:goodvibes

They were like that when we stayed there in 2007 but yes they are definitely different than the original rooms!

Yay new TR :woohoo:

Jasmine looks so pretty in that picture!

:lmao: love the pic of you with the GG slushie! Every time my mom and I would talk about meeting you next year we always say you and my dad have to get GG slushies together :laughing:

Yay Tim Horton's! I had them just the other day! Their new apple cider doughnuts are delicious!

Cute blue toenails! :cutie:

I am glad the small flight went well!

We are seriously so alike! I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Walking around campus with one in my hand is like the epitome of fall for me :laughing:

I am glad the flight to Orlando went well also!

Sounds like a nice arrival!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!

Thanks sweetie:hug:

That is hilarious....Timmies and Pumpkin Spice Lattes! I agree, they just scream out fall to me too! I grabbed one between terminals in Minneapolis before boarding our connecting flight and then grabbed one as soon as we got off the flight coming from Orlando....tasted so yummy!

Hopefully I will have the evening portion of our first day up this evening.....

Can this TR get any better- Grey Goose Slushie, Tim Hortons AND a Pedi!:cloud9: what a start :banana:

Jasmine looks beautiful and so do you. I have to ask though-why are you up so early today?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter