Spice Road!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by shortchef, Apr 10, 2013.

1. shortchef

shortchef Mouseketeer

I'm excited about this new restaurant and can't wait to learn more. We love tapas style dining and the location is gorgeous :) Anyone else excited? Now if it can only be done in time for our October trip ....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JZCubed

JZCubed DIS Veteran

Yes, I'm all for something new at Disney.

I used to live in 'Curry Hill' in Manhattan where there are more than a few 'curry' restaurants - Curry in a Hurry being most popular name.:offtopic:

Moroccan food is different, of course, but well seasoned small plates of food is typically a preference for my family.

My only thoughts on Disney, how will they charge Dining Plan customers if the majority of the menu is tapas-style? Will folks be able to chose 2 plates for an entree?

Either way, I'm looking forward to the new place.

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

It's possible the dining plan won't be accepted there, the way it is not accepted at Tutto Gusto (the small plates venue in the Italy pavilion).

5. JZCubed

JZCubed DIS Veteran

I didn't know that.:confused3

With limited vacation time, we do not have enough opportunity to eat at as many places as we'd like.....as they say, "So many restaurants, so little time.":hourglass:

And for better or worse, our 4 y.o. presently prefers the Princesses of Akershus to occupy our table service time in Epcot.:earsgirl:

Tutto Gusto just made it to my 'to-dine list'. Thanx.:thumbsup2

6. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

Does anyone know when it's predicted to be open? I thought it was several months after October.

7. BringingUpDisney

BringingUpDisney DIS Veteran

Everything I have seen says "by the end of 2013". Several blogs have posted that construction has started already so I would expect they will update the timing as construction moves forward.

8. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

We are also very excited! Can't wait to get a better timeline then by the end of 2013 but knowing Disney it will be awhile and still will change a few times lol.

9. BringingUpDisney

BringingUpDisney DIS Veteran

I know - I am sooooo excited!
    We actually decided against DXDP this trip because it was just too much food and we are grazers. We prefer to go in and order a few apps to share rather than entrees so this sounds right up our alley! :yay: