Spending money

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by jeneric10, Feb 28, 2008.

1. jeneric10

jeneric10 Earning My Ears

Feb 28, 2008
    we are going for our first couple vacation to disney in may and i am wondering how much money we will need to have to be comfortable to do what we want, such as doing pleasure island, etc. We are buying the deluxe dining plan so we know we won't have to pay extra for meals. Any tips would be great.
  2. Tnkrbelle565

Tnkrbelle565 DIS Veteran

May 14, 2004
    That really depends on your spending habits. I will advise you that "adult" drinks at Disney tend to run about $8. A one night pass to Pleasure Island costs about $25/person. If you aren't actually going into the clubs...it's free to walk around. If you plan to go to PI more than once, you may want to look into adding the water parks and more option to your tickets as that includes admission to PI. Hope that helps.
  3. Debi

Debi <font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea

Aug 19, 1999
    I agree with Tnkrbelle565. How much money to bring depends on your spending habits. How much do you plan on drinking (every night or just a few nights)? Do you plan on bringing back souviners for your entire family, or just for yourselves, or none at all? I'd reccomend a minimum of $50 per person per day. I'd also reccomend over-budgeting. This way, if you see one 'must-have' thing that you didn't anticipate, you'll have extra money built in your budget. Plus, it's easier to come home with extra money than to come home with debt.

Enjoy your trip!